The FX8 flanger vs the boss bf-2 and some other questions

Big Kurka

Hello all, I looking for some help regarding flanger settings and some questions.
1st how accurate are the controls of the fx8 compared to the boss bf-2 pedal. Example, if all the control knobs were at 50% on the fx8 would they be the same as the pedal knobs being at 50%.
2nd Does anyone know how to make one of the fx8's flanger's sound like the the bf-2 pedal. I'm trying to emulate Adam Jones's flanger tone and I just can't get it. I know I'll never get it perfect but I would think the fx8 should be to get pretty close. I've read from here someone saying they used the digital mono flanger in front of the amp and they got it to sound really close after messing with all the settings but I'm not having that much luck. I've tweaked every setting in the flanger block that I could find with not much luck. I've come somewhat close but not close enough to be realistic. Anyone know what settings to tweak?

The FX8 sounds great, but the BF2 sounds so much better on the FM3/FM9/Axe-Fx III. The Flanger block was totally redesigned.

The FX8 sounds great, but the BF2 sounds so much better on the FM3/FM9/Axe-Fx III. The Flanger block was totally redesi
One Hundred Sgn GIF by SomeGoodNews
This is actually why I'm rethinking my current plan to use the FX8, or, God-forbid, the HX FX (nah, it's pretty good, actually)!.

So beside spending a $1k plus on a new unit does anyone have any tips on making the flanger and chorus effects less harsh. I improved the tone somewhat by lower the high eq setting. Anyone have any tips

So beside spending a $1k plus on a new unit does anyone have any tips on making the flanger and chorus effects less harsh. I improved the tone somewhat by lower the high eq setting. Anyone have any tips
On the AX8?

My issue was that I could never seem to get enough out of it. But, before the Axe FX II (then AX8), I had come from amps and pedals, so I was comparing it to the Strymon Orbit (and Flanger settings in the Mobius), and other pedals like the amazing Hartman Flanger. I actually have the Mobius again and also the Empress Nebulus. I'm happier using them in the FX loop than most of what I can get out of the FX8. Granted, the sounds are definitely there. I just could never quite get it to come through as promiently as I was wanting to hear.

At some point, I'm probably going back to an all Fractal rig. I was just never completely satisfied with the FM3 (mine did have the USB problem), and didn't have enough time to really dive into it.

Back
Top Bottom