Temple Board Headphone Connector Question

Austin Al

This may have been discussed previously, but I tried to search and couldn't find anything.

I am mounting my FM9 to a Temple Pedalboard. I have figured everything out, regular ins/outs plus USB connectivity, BUT I am struggling to see if there is some type of panel mount that I could add that would allow me to plug in my headphones from the side of the temple board versus plugging in to the back of the unit. I "think" I need something like a TRRS female/female adaptor but honestly I am not sure.

Any advice on how to do this would be greatly appreciated!!!

You want TRS...

They make a 4-port pass-thru module. I use them for my expression pedals.

Alternately, you can just use a generic TRS pass-thru panel jack.

[…] that would allow me to plug in my headphones from the side of the temple board versus plugging in to the back of the unit.
You want TRS...

They make a 4-port pass-thru module. I use them for my expression pedals.

Alternately, you can just use a generic TRS pass-thru panel jack.
Correct, the 4x mod will do it. I use it for my guitar signal in, and two expression pedals.

I'd recommend using a right-angle TRS plug on the back to avoid any chance of something hitting the plug and damaging the port. I built my own patch cables using some 3-conductor cables and Square Plug SP550-S plugs to keep a low profile on the back of the unit.

I'd also cut the trace on whichever of the 4x ports is being used for the headphones because the unit will short the lines together if headphones are not plugged in, which might not be the kind thing to do for the headphone chip.

I didn't bother making a cable for the headphone jack for my board; My thinking is that I only use headphones at home, never when I have the rig somewhere, so there's very little chance of damaging the jack.

Last edited:
Will also be upgrading my Duo 34 with a headphones out jack side of board. (Will need to use a 3' Monoprice TRS right angle cable, but am OK with that.)

I actually added this to my Temple Board the other day. I had a spare TRS chassis/tail connector that was made for me a while back from a previous pedalboard. Works great!

Finally finished* my Temple Audio Duo 34 FM9 board. This time, added a TRS Pass-Thru Jack and 3' x ¼" TRS Monoprice cable. All fits snugly onto my Duo 34 board; likely won't need use of the ¼" Output 3's. Output 1's EQ tuned for headphones; can always set to flat in case Output 1 would be a floor monitor (Output 3's are mostly blocked by other ¼" cable, may swap angled Output 2 XLR's for straight to allow Output 3 access...)

EDIT: Swap completed. Straight TRS>XLR cable now remains. Provides an open region where a ¼" TRS speaker cable can fit, typically for floor monitor. Will post completed board in Let's See Those FM9 Rigs...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom