Temple Audio TRIO 43 Experience?

Xcdchdchjjf

Experienced
Thinking of getting the Temple Audio Trio 43 (their biggest pedalboard) which just fits all my pedals AND FM3.

It has a soft case Id love to use too.

Wondering if anyone has used this pedalboard, full of pedals. Would it be impossible to even lift?

Posting in the FM9 Group since its more likely people her ehave used this big Temple board, and... I am on the waitlist too.

Can the soft case even carry this when its full of pedals?

Hmm. They have a pedalboard builder onlineat Templeaudio. Never used one and amazed it fits everything on there. I see people using this board online but no word if you can even lift it? I think ill be cremated I dunno.

TempleboarFULLoffsetCapture.JPG

This is the idea with some of my pedals. The rest of the board would be full as well.

I understand the Fractal by itself is enough, I also have a FM3 Sized Temple board in the mail.

I have a Pedaltrain 16x32 for touring, and it travels in one of their flight cases. It's fairly heavy (even when empty!) but holds my MMGT10 controller, two EV-2 controller pedals, and a few external footswitches. I would think that a well-loaded board 25% larger would be pretty unwieldy under most circumstances, even if it was in a soft case. That's basically the size of a rectangular guitar case, but a lot heavier.

You mentioned you were getting a smaller board for just the FM3. If you're running all of your outboard gear in the effects loop of the FM3, you could consider splitting your rig into two boards: (1) FM3 plus continuous controller pedal, and (2) everything else. That second board could connect via pair of 1/4" cables plus a MIDI cable. It would sure make things easier to transport and carry.

Size. Like a coffin. :)

I wonder if you truly understand how massive a 43" board would be, and how
unwieldy it would be to have to move it anywhere.

Also, the bigger the board the more it will weigh due to the increased number
of pedals on it.

Look how big this 40" board is in an ATA Case.

Size. Like a coffin. :)

I wonder if you truly understand how massive a 43" board would be, and how
unwieldy it would be to have to move it anywhere.

Also, the bigger the board the more it will weigh due to the increased number
of pedals on it.

Look how big this 40" board is in an ATA Case.

Yes. That is a big board. This is the same for me.
I use this board and case: https://pedaltrain.com/products/novo-32-with-wheeled-tour-case

In the specifications, it says
Novo 32 Pedal Board
  • Dimensions: 32 in x 14.5 in x 3.5 in (81.2 cm x 36.8 cm x 8.9 cm)
  • Weight: 5.5 lbs (2.52 kg)
Tour Case
  • Exterior Dimensions: 37 in x 18 in x 9.5 in (93.9 cm x 45.7 cm x 24.1 cm)
  • Interior Dimensions: 15 in x 33 in x 6.5 in (38.1 cm x 83.8 cm x 16.5 cm)
  • Weight: 26 lbs (11.8 kg)
The case is 37 x 18 x 9.5 inches and weighs 26 pounds empty. Add 5.5 pounds for the board, which brings it to 31.5 pounds before we even add velcro or a single pedal. I have 2 Fractal Audio EV-1 pedals on it, each weighing I estimate my loaded board is around 3.7 pounds. The MMGT10 weighs 6 pounds, and I have a few other items on the board that probably add a total of 3-4 additional pounds.
So that's 45+ pounds on my 32 inch board in the flight case. It's a good thing that case has wheels :) I can fit that case onto the back seat of a regular car, but it's (1) big, (2) heavy, and (3) a flight case with lots of upholstery-hostile surfaces. For local gigs, I load that thing in the back of my truck and off I go. For touring, I load that thing in the back of somebody else's truck and off they go.

As I noted before, a 43 inch board is nearly 1/3 larger. I know the Temple boards don't weigh exactly the same per square inch, but just taking a rough guess, the loaded board alone would be 30+ pounds. Add another 30+ for the flight case. There is a lot of benefit to having everything fully set up on a big board, with all the wiring fully ready to go. But... I can tell you from my experience as a touring musician, almost everyone I know has either rack mounted their pedals, or broken their big pedalboards up into a few modular boards that quickly interconnect. It lets you angle them, rather than having a long single surface to cover, and makes cartage (gear transportation) MUCH more affordable, as the individual units are both smaller and lighter.

You indicated that you have an FM3 sized Temple board on the way. Another possible approach would be to have most (or all) of the other pedals on another board, and use a MIDI / remote loop switcher to engage them. That would let you arrange them as tiers / layers, rather than needing all the square footage for them to be on the same surface. You would mainly interact with the controller, rather than the pedals, so it's less tapdancing - AND an intelligent router would allow you to change the order of the pedals.

Horrifying video, Thank You.

Yes I want a softcase specifically, for the reasons shown here. I wonder why they even make a Temple softcase for their large board if it would be NEARLY impossible to lift ( I imagine/ part of why I started this thread).

Yes. That is a big board. This is the same for me.
I use this board and case: https://pedaltrain.com/products/novo-32-with-wheeled-tour-case

In the specifications, it says
Novo 32 Pedal Board
  • Dimensions: 32 in x 14.5 in x 3.5 in (81.2 cm x 36.8 cm x 8.9 cm)
  • Weight: 5.5 lbs (2.52 kg)
Tour Case
  • Exterior Dimensions: 37 in x 18 in x 9.5 in (93.9 cm x 45.7 cm x 24.1 cm)
  • Interior Dimensions: 15 in x 33 in x 6.5 in (38.1 cm x 83.8 cm x 16.5 cm)
  • Weight: 26 lbs (11.8 kg)
The case is 37 x 18 x 9.5 inches and weighs 26 pounds empty. Add 5.5 pounds for the board, which brings it to 31.5 pounds before we even add velcro or a single pedal. I have 2 Fractal Audio EV-1 pedals on it, each weighing I estimate my loaded board is around 3.7 pounds. The MMGT10 weighs 6 pounds, and I have a few other items on the board that probably add a total of 3-4 additional pounds.
So that's 45+ pounds on my 32 inch board in the flight case. It's a good thing that case has wheels :) I can fit that case onto the back seat of a regular car, but it's (1) big, (2) heavy, and (3) a flight case with lots of upholstery-hostile surfaces. For local gigs, I load that thing in the back of my truck and off I go. For touring, I load that thing in the back of somebody else's truck and off they go.

As I noted before, a 43 inch board is nearly 1/3 larger. I know the Temple boards don't weigh exactly the same per square inch, but just taking a rough guess, the loaded board alone would be 30+ pounds. Add another 30+ for the flight case. There is a lot of benefit to having everything fully set up on a big board, with all the wiring fully ready to go. But... I can tell you from my experience as a touring musician, almost everyone I know has either rack mounted their pedals, or broken their big pedalboards up into a few modular boards that quickly interconnect. It lets you angle them, rather than having a long single surface to cover, and makes cartage (gear transportation) MUCH more affordable, as the individual units are both smaller and lighter.

You indicated that you have an FM3 sized Temple board on the way. Another possible approach would be to have most (or all) of the other pedals on another board, and use a MIDI / remote loop switcher to engage them. That would let you arrange them as tiers / layers, rather than needing all the square footage for them to be on the same surface. You would mainly interact with the controller, rather than the pedals, so it's less tapdancing - AND an intelligent router would allow you to change the order of the pedals.
Lot of good info and yes people i Know split heir boards up to. Its an OCD thing That I want to "solve" it by all being one master board.

I have used a Boss ES-8 which is maybe the best thing boss has ever made. Incredible switcher.

Im not sure what Ill do i think im going to order a couple different temple boards and figure it out in person... I really dont know. The FM3 is a monkeywrench because it kind of makes an entire pedalboard moot, but yeah... I dont know. You gave a lot of good info here though. Option paralysis is probbaly what it is right now... I currently got a Rockboard Quad 4.1 which fits the FM3 perfectly with a couple extra spaces for Vol and tuner, then also the NUX Bumblebee which once again fits the FM3 PERFECTLY but not allowing any other pedals, then the templeboard. All are great solutions and none is necessarily better its a hard choice right there. Without a doubt the NUX fits and protects an FM3 in the smallest space possible.

Rockboard is bulkier, feels totally solid, but has a pretty big tilt.

Templeboard is very light, almost too light.

Im used ot not having a pedalboard, or building custom ones which is what I have now.

Probably that German company is best who makes the aluminum cased top board with the spring handle. But expensive...

Horrifying video, Thank You.

Yes I want a softcase specifically, for the reasons shown here. I wonder why they even make a Temple softcase for their large board if it would be NEARLY impossible to lift ( I imagine/ part of why I started this thread).

I feel like a fully loaded Temple 43 would blow out the zippers sooner or later on that soft case.

Back
Top Bottom