Tech 21 power engine (plus nice little line 6 rant)

jhuggins

Inspired
Ok, I'm getting a axe fx standard once I stop being so poor and can get my pod x3 back from the factory that is "repairing it" to send it back to me to sell. Stopped working after little use in 3 months and its been gone over 6 months!!!!!!!!! for a "simple software error" never working with line 6 again and one of the main reasons I'm pumped about fractal is its customer service, line 6 wont even call me with an update. Anyway point being, I have a PE 60 already and I've heard some very mixed reviews on it, some saying that its great for the money, others saying that its not very FRFR at all. Well my question is while using this until i can afford the fratomic do I use the cab sims since its not so FRFR or do I bypass them, I've heard very different things in this regard. Also how will this thing work backline as an "accurate" representation of whats coming through the P.A.? If that makes any since. (P.S. I'd like to apply for the most hardcore lurker award of this forum, I feel like im reading up on here more than I'm not and I've learned a lot you guys are awesome.)

It is NOT at all FRFR and will not be a representation of what goes to the PA. I run without cabs through output 2 with no sims and to PA through 1 with sims. It is in no way FRFR, so if you don't like the sound of that speaker, you won't be happy. You can use cab emulation if you want and I've sometimes gotten sounds I liked that way, but it's double filtering the sound and will invariably be darker and muddier than without.

As always...get your Axe, plug it in, play around with it and see what sounds good to you. That's the bottom line, but to repeat, it is not FRFR.

Mike

I would like to try the Power engine 60.
It's not frfr, it uses common celestion 70/80 speakers found in many guitar cabs.
Though they have a flatter response compared to many other guitar speakers.

Back
Top Bottom