Syncing 2 Fractal Loops?

Hi all,
My co-axe-slinger in my band and I are in cahoots to pick up AxeFX II units... One for each of us! Woohoo!
Anyway, the question I had was this:
Would we be able to loop individual parts on our respective units and somehow link them, via MIDI or other magic spell, such that they will loop in sync with each other? While being unable to do this won't necessarily break the deal, it'll reduce the urgency with which we play awful and demeaning gigs in order to raise the cash to purchase our beloved and dreamy AxeFX II rigs.
Thanks!!
Cheers!:mrgreen

Hi all,
My co-axe-slinger in my band and I are in cahoots to pick up AxeFX II units... One for each of us! Woohoo!
Would we be able to loop individual parts on our respective units and somehow link them, via MIDI or other magic spell, such that they will loop in sync with each other? While being unable to do this won't necessarily break the deal, it'll reduce the urgency with which we play awful and demeaning gigs in order to raise the cash to purchase our beloved and dreamy AxeFX II rigs.
Thanks!!

To ensure I understand this you want to play two different sounding loops stored in each of your axes' at the same time? If that's the case - bring a laptop with you, start up your DAW and program a midi change message to send unique messages to each axe simultaenously. I've been looking into doing this type of stuff with my band... but the only way around it would be to run a click track to at least your drummer. (or your designated time keeper)

Hi all,
Thanks!!

I don't think triggering the loopers at the same time is difficult, the MFC-101 can do it easily. Simply connect the second axe to the midi out of the first axe (or the midi in on the second MFC-101), give them different addresses, and send two custom messages. The second part is not easy, unless you are recording the loops live, there is no way to load or store audio data to the looper. This would be a great feature if you could :)
Cheers S ( o )===:::

All loops would be performed and recorded live and on the fly. The idea would be to start playing the song, loop a passage, then layer different parts over the passages. Each of us would be playing individual parts and switching instruments after the loops were done recording.

Back
Top Bottom