Syn Gates lead tone

wammycammy

wondering if someone has any tips to help me get a tone on the ball park of Synyster Gates' current lead tone? I am a noobie to the Fractal and amp modeling in general and any help would be appreciated, thanks guys.

Here's a preset I've been tailoring for a year or so, it's based on the Nightmare album. I'm pretty happy with it, let me know what you think. Syn's leads truly are (and I hate to say this) in his hands, he has such a unique style that getting his tone dead on but without his style just won't sound like it.

Scene 1 is the main rhythm tone,
Scene 2 is the same rhythm tone, but stereo with the MimiQ style double tracked effect,
Scene 3 is his random leads like the intro and just before the solo,
Scene 4 is the solo.

To get the cab IR's to work you'll need to drag them into the correct cab slots (User 1, 25-27) in Axe Edit, otherwise you'll need to reassign the locations in the preset.

I believe Synyster Gates has released some of his "The Stage" presets in the past, although I'm not positive about that.

Attachments

• Nightmare.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 185
  • U1.0025_Nightmare Rtm L.syx
    10.1 KB · Views: 135
  • U1.0026_Nightmare Rtm R.syx
    10.1 KB · Views: 137
  • U1.0027_Nightmare Leads.syx
    10.1 KB · Views: 167
Here's a preset I've been tailoring for a year or so, it's based on the Nightmare album. I'm pretty happy with it, let me know what you think. Syn's leads truly are (and I hate to say this) in his hands, he has such a unique style that getting his tone dead on but without his style just won't sound like it.

Scene 2 is the same rhythm tone, but stereo with the MimiQ style double tracked effect,
Scene 4 is the solo.

To get the cab IR's to work you'll need to drag them into the correct cab slots (User 1, 25-27) in Axe Edit, otherwise you'll need to reassign the locations in the preset.

I believe Synyster Gates has released some of his "The Stage" presets in the past, although I'm not positive about that.

Dude...these are killer! thanks so much

Scene 4 is the solo.

His cab IRs are for sale on his personal website. Something like “synners.com” but I’m sure you can find it.

I’m eager to try these out, thanks for posting. Syn did a video on fractal’s YouTube page that was awesome. If I could get the cleans and chunk tones on that video I’d be giddy.

https://synn3r.com/collections/cab-packs

Hahahaha, there's a link for 'Patches' in his Merch store, it's not the kind of patches we're discussing here. I opened it up and was like, "Why the f*ck would he have these pictures for his presets?" :tearsofjoy:

Pretty cool he put his cab packs up. I'm sure if he had enough requests, he'd post his AxeFX patches as well.

As much as I love the band, I've never been to keen on Syn's tones in general, but very much dig how they'll cater the tones to the songs. The Stage and the self-titled album have my favorite tones. The mix on The Stage is really f*cking good. That album had a trifecta of awesome as far as production- Joe Baresi, Andy Wallace and Bob Ludwig.

https://synn3r.com/collections/cab-packs

Hahahaha, there's a link for 'Patches' in his Merch store, it's not the kind of patches we're discussing here. I opened it up and was like, "Why the f*ck would he have these pictures for his presets?" :tearsofjoy:

Pretty cool he put his cab packs up. I'm sure if he had enough requests, he'd post his AxeFX patches as well.

As much as I love the band, I've never been to keen on Syn's tones in general, but very much dig how they'll cater the tones to the songs. The Stage and the self-titled album have my favorite tones. The mix on The Stage is really f*cking good. That album had a trifecta of awesome as far as production- Joe Baresi, Andy Wallace and Bob Ludwig.
Yeah he’s really won me over over the years. Check out the video he did for fractal on YouTube talking about the axe. He plays clean and heavy tones during the video that sound awesome. I’d love both those tones but never get anything to sound like that for some reason.

Yeah he’s really won me over over the years. Check out the video he did for fractal on YouTube talking about the axe. He plays clean and heavy tones during the video that sound awesome. I’d love both those tones but never get anything to sound like that for some reason.

I'd be willing to bet that's a 5153 model he's using for the distorted rhythm sounds in that vid. Sounds like the same when he's doing the tapping part of "The Stage", but a shitload of chorus added. If you're not finding what you're looking for with the 5153, maybe the Uber. For the clean stuff, maybe a JC120 model, I can't remember what it's called in the Axe.

I'd be willing to bet that's a 5153 model he's using for the distorted rhythm sounds in that vid. Sounds like the same when he's doing the tapping part of "The Stage", but a shitload of chorus added. If you're not finding what you're looking for with the 5153, maybe the Uber. For the clean stuff, maybe a JC120 model, I can't remember what it's called in the Axe.
I think I remember reading somewhere that his clean channel in his signature Schecter amp is almost exactly the same as a Mesa Lonestar. Should be able to find something like that in the many Mesa models we have access to in the Axe!

Back
Top Bottom