Switching different presets and scenes

ibanezmark

I'm not sure if this belongs in a FC12 or a FM3 thread, but the FC12 section seems the most logical location.

I bought an FC12 to control my FM3 (and some midi controlled stompboxes). At this point I'm learning how to program the footswitches.

Everything is quite easy, but there is 1 thing I don't get to work.

Let's say the first switch is preset 1, scene 1 and I want the second switch to switch to preset 2, scene 5 and the third to prest 1 scene 7. I can only switch the preset (and engage scene 1 of the new preset or the saved secene, depending on the global settings) or I can scene select within the current preset.

I tried to create a song selection and that works perfectly. The thing is that you have to load the song which gives you "only" 6 options.

Is there a way to select both preset and scene in 1 go (apart from the sets/songs trick)? Or have song sections available from multiple songs?

I haven't actually tried it, but you 'might' be able to do it outside of the Songs/Setlists feature by assigning your desired Preset/Scene combos via Midi commands to Control Switches, and then assigning those to the FC12 switches.

Depending on exactly what you need, you might be able to save each preset set to the scene you want, then that's how they'll come up of you just switch to them.

That won't work if you need the same preset with different scenes though. Workaround there might be multiple copies of presets, with different scenes as the default.

Back
Top Bottom