Switch to Synth preset and back to previous layout

JasonB5232

Inspired
Using the FC12 with the AXE FX. I have one Layout I live on all show, with all my scenes and 2 per preset options for variables when needed. I need to play a synth part and would rather not build the synth options into my current preset. Is there an elegant way to call that preset from my Live Layout without using Sets/Songs. Or is this literally why it was added?

Thanks!

You're using Tap and Hold functions of all 12 switches?

Regardless of using setlist functions or not you need a switch to change something.

A Preset select switch can have 2nd Press set to Last Preset to allow quickly jumping back and forth. Or Preset Toggle...

Sorry no, not enough foot switches wasn't what I was getting at or my dilemma.

I used Per Preset 1, and used Tap, Preset, Select in Bank and saw "2nd Press = Prev Preset" and thought I was golden. This takes me to the Preset, but my Live Layout now shows the information from the Synth preset. There is no way to 2nd Press back to the original. My original thought was to put another Per Preset function in the Synth Layout to take back to my Live preset. I've basically hardcoded a solution and wanted to try and see if there was a better way.

I thought saw a Cooper Carter video where he did something similar, but can't find it. (Or old and don't remember things correctly.)

Sorry no, not enough foot switches wasn't what I was getting at or my dilemma.

I used Per Preset 1, and used Tap, Preset, Select in Bank and saw "2nd Press = Prev Preset" and thought I was golden. This takes me to the Preset, but my Live Layout now shows the information from the Synth preset. There is no way to 2nd Press back to the original. My original thought was to put another Per Preset function in the Synth Layout to take back to my Live preset. I've basically hardcoded a solution and wanted to try and see if there was a better way.

I thought saw a Cooper Carter video where he did something similar, but can't find it. (Or old and don't remember things correctly.)
So the issue is that the per-preset switch in one preset doesn't apply the 2nd Press option correctly to the per-preset switch in the other preset? I guess that kind of makes sense as they're technically different switches.
That's about changing between scenes of two presets with a scene toggle... That is where setlist functions come in because you can specify both the target preset and scene.

Toggling between presets can be done already (as mentioned before) by using the Preset Toggle option in the switch.

If you're always going from a specific preset to another and back that's easy.

In fact, in your specific case, just make the per-preset switch in the first preset select the other preset and vice versa... No need for toggle function.

When you change presets, your PP# definitions are changing as well, so toggle functions won't work as expected. In your main preset, use a Preset select switch to point to the Synth preset. In the Synth preset use the same PP# slot and use a Preset select switch to point back to the main preset.

When you change presets, your PP# definitions are changing as well, so toggle functions won't work as expected. In your main preset, use a Preset select switch to point to the Synth preset. In the Synth preset use the same PP# slot and use a Preset select switch to point back to the main preset.

Yep - that’s exactly what I do in scenarios where I need to toggle between 2 presets. No matter which of the presets I’m on, the hold function on the same button will toggle to the other preset.

Back
Top Bottom