Optical/JFET Sustainer Issue

bleujazz3

Fractal Fanatic
Hi,

Am currently tuned in with my Carol-Ann Tucana and several compressors on separate channels, A, B and C. Channel B is home to my Optical Sustainer. Channel C is home to my JFET Sustainer. In the images here you can see how both my sustainers are dialed in. I've placed a modifier on the Sustain knob that engages the sustainer temporarily when a control switch is pressed. Both the same control switch CS1 are designed to engage the sustainer with a delayed modifier attack time of 200ms and release time of 500ms.

KCKQPkX.png

wEW60Cp.png

The problem that occurs is when switching scenes from scene 3 to scene 4. Scene 3 works fine, is when you switch from screen 3 to scene 4 the sustain knob engages automatically and stays engaged until one presses the FM9 control switch to disengage. What occurs is an unintended howling sustain until the control switch is pressed. Note the sustain value in this image here. The sustain value automatically defaults to 10.0 slowly and stays engaged when switching scenes from 3 to 4, until the control switch is pressed.

LuRa5y1.png

MDgyhSg.png

Thinking that using an optical sustainer on channel B, and a JFET sustainer on channel C would solve the problem. Nope. Apparently, its within either the control switch or the modifier wherein exists the issue.

(EDIT: The Control Switch CS1 is set up in FC Per-Preset as a momentary tap switch, named FEEDBACK.)

Could someone help me get this sorted out so that the default sustain values are 0 for both scenes 3 and 4?

Last edited:
Hi,

Am currently tuned in with my Carol-Ann Tucana and several compressors on separate channels, A, B and C. Channel B is home to my Optical Sustainer. Channel C is home to my JFET Sustainer. In the images here you can see how both my sustainers are dialed in. I've placed a modifier on the Sustain knob that engages the sustainer temporarily when a control switch is pressed. Both the same control switch CS1 are designed to engage the sustainer with a delayed modifier attack time of 200ms and release time of 500ms.

KCKQPkX.png

wEW60Cp.png

The problem that occurs is when switching scenes from scene 3 to scene 4. Scene 3 works fine, is when you switch from screen 3 to scene 4 the sustain knob engages automatically and stays engaged until one presses the FM9 control switch to disengage. What occurs is an unintended howling sustain until the control switch is pressed. Note the sustain value in this image here. The sustain value automatically defaults to 10.0 slowly and stays engaged when switching scenes from 3 to 4, until the control switch is pressed.

LuRa5y1.png

MDgyhSg.png

Thinking that using an optical sustainer on channel B, and a JFET sustainer on channel C would solve the problem. Nope. Apparently, its within either the control switch or the modifier wherein exists the issue.

Could someone help me get this sorted out so that the default sustain values are 0 for both scenes 3 and 4?
Check the status of control switches in the controllers page, maybe it's not set to "last" for that scene

Back
Top Bottom