Chef's Eye of the Tiger

Swedish Chef

Power User
Survivor, the ultimate 80s band and certainly one of my favorite bands from that era. "Eye of the Tiger" is such a great song. A powerful melody and a guitar arrangement that is so simple yet so amazingly effective. This is my attempt at recreating those classic tones. It took me a day of experimenting to get these patches to sound right. And even then I had to fix them in DAW to make them sit right. The pluck I couldn't match a 100%, there's still something missing. The EQ curve is about the same but the tone seemed to alter very much depending on how I would pluck the string. I guess it just comes down to playing style, pick of choice etc. There's something with the plucking I have to work on:

:geek Be sure to let me know what you think! :geek

This thing has a really hot output - be sure to adjust your levels. Patches are below. You need to load the cabs into user slots, these are attached further down!

Last edited:
Great job SC! Clip sounds great. The patches download fine, but the Cabs are giving me an invalid attachment error when I try to download them. Can you reup these when you get a chance? Thanks, very interested in testing this one out. And as for nailing that pluck, I have no idea how Frankie did it. It's a tough tone to match both in sound of tone and skill of hand lol

Great, I love it. You've really nailed this song, tone and playing.
What guitar and pickups do you play ? Survivor seemed to play an Explorer.
Thanks for sharing your patches.

Great job and thanks for the presets!

Is there any way to Tone Match my vocals too? LOL!!!! No.... really... is there? :)

Great job and thanks for the presets!

Is there any way to Tone Match my vocals too? LOL!!!! No.... really... is there? :)

Thanks for the feedback! In what way would you want to toe match vocals? I guess it could be done. I tone matched a violin for a synth patch and it turned out pretty interesting. Bear in mind that the TMA block won't do miracles. It can get you the last 5-20% of the way.

Thanks for the feedback! In what way would you want to toe match vocals? I guess it could be done. I tone matched a violin for a synth patch and it turned out pretty interesting. Bear in mind that the TMA block won't do miracles. It can get you the last 5-20% of the way.

Well I was mostly joking...! BUT the Axe has my mind is racing with possibilities and wondered if anyone has tried this? I'm fascinated by the ability to create new sounds, not necessarily copy existing ones, although that's cool too!

Sounds great and thanks for the prestes (we play Eye Of THE Tiger for ages and I was never satisfied with the sound .... can't wait to test it on rehearsals next week!)!

Cheers
Martin

They were taken down because they were Firmware 7 patches.

Make your own! :encouragement:

I already did, just wanted to compare mine with yours. I was especially interested in your pitch/harmonic settings. Yours sound Perfect. Any recommendations for the settings?

I already did, just wanted to compare mine with yours. I was especially interested in your pitch/harmonic settings. Yours sound Perfect. Any recommendations for the settings?

Yes, inside the pitch block there's a parameter knob under the "Effort" tab called "Double tracking"... That should be engaged through out the song! :)

Back
Top Bottom