Suggestion for the new controller if it's not too late

guittarzzan

Inspired
I just saw the pics of the cad images for the first time and just have a small suggestion that would just be a minor tweak if he hasn't already ordered 10,000 units in parts.
I have an Aphex exciter that's powered by an adaptor and right next to the jack on the back of the unit is a hole in the panel and a small tab so you can loop the cord around the tab before plugging it in to the unit. This prevents the cord from getting pulled out accidentally.
I'm not gigging anymore and this wouldn't be an issue for me, but it might save a few "Oh Sh*t" moments on stage for the guys who are.
Anyhoo, it was just a thought.

cheers.

That's a good idea, but I'd guess that 99.999% of the gigging guitarists will simply use a 7-pin midi cable instead (that's my plan anyway).

That same design could be used for the midi cables as well. It would just take a bigger hole and tab to fit the cable around. Anyone who's ever had someone from the audience or a bandmember step on their gear and disconnect something would greatly appreciate this kind of forethought by the designer. As a marketing tool too, it'd be one more feature that the other ones don't have. An extra feature with little to no extra cost is a good thing for the customer and business.
I haven't been keeping up. Has there been a rough estimate on price yet for these things?

cheers.

Back
Top Bottom