Stupid purchase that worked out well

Morogan

Normally if I purchase something on a stupid whim it rarely, if ever works out. However, about 5 or 6 years ago I guess, I picked up some silly Voyetra "Music Studio Kit" at a ridiculous discount (I think it was $20) that happened to come with a "freebie" bonus - a 10' long Turtle Beach 1x1 USB MIDI cable. The software was total crap, but I have used that cable almost daily ever since, and it has faithfully programmed almost two years of updates to my Ultra with SendSX running at 23 KB/s (7.5x MIDI spec) without a single problem. (I've never attempted to run it wide open, so for all I know it can go faster.)

Just a heads up to those of you out there that might happen upon the same kit in a bargain bin somewhere...

I had also bought a similar (identical?) "Computer Music Starter Kit" from Voyetra, simply to get that midi interface that converts your sound card's joystick connector into a midi port. It has worked reliably for me for years, without a single glitch. Pretty good investment at $20 (which is what I recall paying for it). I never actually installed or used the "recording and composing" software that came with it, just wanted the joystick-to-midi adaptor.

Yep, Voyetra, I bought one too. One end has a male DA-15 connector that plugs into the game/midi port on a sound card, and the other end has a female DA-15 and 2 DIN connectors. I bought it so I could connect my Johnson J-Station to my PC. :)

Back
Top Bottom