Struggling to get a great 7 string tone.

EricBrujo

Hey guys, just seeking some advice or pointers, im struggling a bit in building a high gain tone for my 7 string guitar, currently in my preset im using the Dass Metal amp boosted with the Maxoff 808, from there it goes to my powerstage 700 to my mesa 2x12, it currently sounds decent, but im just curious what amps in the FM3 you guys prefer for 7 string, (to play death metal).

I love the 5153 blue 50w boosted with the TS808 Mod

For more bite i like the Fas Modern. Hard to beat the Recto Red Modern 2 for more scooped classic death metal tones.

I'm a big fan of using the filter or eq block to clean boost with some low cut as opposed to a drive pedal

depending on the amp can further tweak the input eq on the amp block itself (as an example the 5153 default input eq is i think above 100)

it depends what you're after in terms of tone and response, i guess it might also be different as you're going out to a power amp and cab (try tweaking the speaker tab in the amp block : speaker impedance curve etc..)

I've got various videos on my channel if you're interested:
https://youtube.com/@paulbradshawguitar

since they changed the fryette deliverance in the firmware my current live preset now uses a Spawn od2-1 amp, into a set of ownhammer low tuned essentials IRs, i like dry/tight percussive sorts of tones (i guess alluvial would be a good example)

So, i made a preset from Scratch and i started with the Energyball amp, and that’s all she wrote, some tweaking and a drive block with the Full OD and i was blown away, i feel that at last i have a great 7 string tone, wanna thank all you guys for the recommendation, especially Musikron for mentioning the Energyball, you guys are the best, and thanks to Fractal for making awesome Tones on this unit. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom