Strandberg B-Stock Question

basarozmen

Inspired
Hey all,

I have been thinking of buying a Strandberg Fusion for a while now. I noticed that the Fusion NX-6 model, which has a regular retail price of 2,600 EUR on the brand's own website, is on sale at a seriously discounted price (2,000 EUR) on B-Stock. I am sharing the link to the specific model below.

https://strandbergguitars.com/eu/product/boden-fusion-nx-6t-community-drop-purple-gloss-b-stock/

My curiosity finally gave in and I sent the company an e-mail and asked what specific cosmetic flaws the B-Stocks of the model I was interested in had.

In the response, they stated that they had 3 of the model I wanted in stock, and shared the serial numbers of all three guitars and close-up photos of the defects on the guitars.

I eliminated one of the guitars because its body finish was defective, but I could not understand the exact nature of the defects on the other two guitars. You can find the photos below:

Guitar 1:
1724967212110.jpeg

Guitar 2:
1724967231651.jpeg

Although the guitar has a rosewood fingerboard, both flaws in the photos look like polish flake to me.

Do you think these guitars are in the B-Stock category because of poor workmanship that accidentally spread polish to an area that normally shouldn't have been polished? If so, I think these flaws can be fixed with a simple operation.

However, if the problem is not due to a simple polish error, what do you think the flaws seen in both photos could be related to? I think the guitar has a very nice color and exactly the configuration I want (tremolo, Suhr H-S-H pickup array); and the B-Stock price makes the guitar really attractive in my opinion (the guitar will be delivered within EU; I won't pay any additional shipping/customs etc.).

Your valuable opinions would really help me make a decision.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
I am not an expert in finishing by any means but these look like imperfections in that something, possibly moisture or other contamination, got under the clear coat. You may be able to polish it out, not really sure.

I've got five Strandbergs and three of them are B-stock - I'm happy with all of them. On two of the B-stock I could never find where the flaws were and on the third it was a small finish flaw that I can't see when I'm playing it and a crowd can't see from a couple feet away.

On guitar 2 I'm pretty sure most good guitar techs could buff that out. I would go for it, and if it doesn't work out their return policy seems pretty easy going.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom