Still lost trying to use custom FC-6 layouts for each preset

shep

Inspired
Honestly, I think everyone on the planet understands how this works but me. Regardless which layout I choose, make edits and save to the preset I'm working on - if I go to another preset having previously saved a different layout in it, the layout I just preogrammed is still showing on the FC-6, not the one I created and saved in this preset.

Can or cannot say, 50 completely custom layouts be created and saved for 50 created presets? If not, how do I go about making the FC-6 have all this functionality I need besides doing it all in the preset and using Preset and Scene Increment to change to the next scene ot preset to have what I need? I made a Layout Link using a Pre preset switch and had to waste a FC-6 switch on it. It also slows down getting the next song going and I have to remember to tap or hold a switch. I hope there's a way to not waste a switch/hold for this function. Sincerely, I have read the FC-6, Footswitch and Axe Fx III manuals and have CC's course - but this has never been clear to me. I apologize for my stupidity. Thanks for any help!

Say it with me: layouts are global.

No, you cannot save 50 layouts for 50 presets. There are only 9 layouts and they are global.

BUT, every preset allows for up to 24 per-preset switches.

You can assign a per-preset switch to "override" any switch in any layout.

These per-preset override switches will essentially allow you to have some layouts specific to every preset.

Hi Unix brother, I started out doing all per preset stuff if you recall. I punted to using the presets layout to try to use as much global control reducing programming time as I could. Ultimately for my situation it's not fbroad enough for all the different parameters I need control of in every song I do. Back to pre preset programming I go. Thanks for taking time for me.

Hi Unix brother, I started out doing all per preset stuff if you recall. I punted to using the presets layout to try to use as much global control reducing programming time as I could. Ultimately for my situation it's not fbroad enough for all the different parameters I need control of in every song I do. Back to pre preset programming I go. Thanks for taking time for me.
Per preset is the only way to have different switches per preset.

Per preset is the only way to have different switches per preset.

Yup.

@shep - if you find you are programming the same switch(es) in most presets, maybe those can be regular switches and the exceptions be per-preset overrides.

Going through that process now with my own presets. I found almost all of my presets had a handful of per-preset overrides in common, so I promoted them to regular switches and wiped the overrides.

One thing that can help is always starting from [block] 1 when adding things, so you lose one layer of "snowflakiness" and presets are more alike, since most switches dealing with an effect block are keyed to the number of the effect block. I always use Chorus 1, Flange 1, Rotary 1. Delay 1, etc. and get the benefit of more switching setups in common betweenpresets, which cuts down on custom per-presets a fair bit....

Back
Top Bottom