Sticky preset or sticky scene?

LP Freak

Is there any difference in the functionality of the the two? Advantages or disadvantages? I need to be able to switch between different multiple effect patches, some with relays, with a single foot tap.

yes there is a difference. have you read the section in the manual that describes what a Scene is?

As Chris has said there is a pretty big difference. If you are just looking for changes of on/off or x/y state changes of the overall effects/amp/cab chain of a preset then scenes are great. If you are looking to completely bring in/out different effects, amps, etc...then changing presets is likely the better consideration.

Separately, the functions you are referring to above are totally different Sticky Preset keeps you statically in a bank and each of the 8 switches is a different preset. Sticky scene keeps you statically in a single preset, allowing you to access the 8 scenes within that preset.

Again, in agreement with Chris the only way you can decide is to fully understand the limitations of scenes relative to full presets. If scenes get you where you want to go, its far more efficient, when you consider each preset = 8 scenes

after a couple of weeks of dialing in my AX8, I'm still trying to figure out the best overall layout for me.
Sometimes I like the Sticky Scene's and other times the Sticky Presets.

now if I could just quit confusing the AX8-Edit Preset's and the Scenes...

As Chris has said there is a pretty big difference. If you are just looking for changes of on/off or x/y state changes of the overall effects/amp/cab chain of a preset then scenes are great. If you are looking to completely bring in/out different effects, amps, etc...then changing presets is likely the better consideration.

Separately, the functions you are referring to above are totally different Sticky Preset keeps you statically in a bank and each of the 8 switches is a different preset. Sticky scene keeps you statically in a single preset, allowing you to access the 8 scenes within that preset.

Again, in agreement with Chris the only way you can decide is to fully understand the limitations of scenes relative to full presets. If scenes get you where you want to go, its far more efficient, when you consider each preset = 8 scenes
Thanks for the great explanation. I'm where I need to be.

Back
Top Bottom