AFIII Steve Morse solo attempt

JoeW-NC

Inspired
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/what-guitar-solo-have-you-always-wanted-to-learn.206438/). Sometimes I Feel Like Screaming by Deep Purple was one named by user @ElectricPhase in this recent thread on solos we'd like to learn. Steve Morse always captivated me so I figured I'd take a crack at it.

If nothing else, this humbling experience gives me a few ideas on what to work on: picking, bending, artificial harmonics (I just fretted the notes because this is a new skill I've never developed).

Really good tone! You've got great timing. As a suggestion, I would spend some more time on the faster picked runs to get your synchronization a little tighter. I also like that your pick hand is moving pretty minimally when you pick, that will come in handy :)

Really good tone! You've got great timing. As a suggestion, I would spend some more time on the faster picked runs to get your synchronization a little tighter. I also like that your pick hand is moving pretty minimally when you pick, that will come in handy :)
Thank you for the feedback. Quick runs across more than 3 strings trigger some spaz reflex, especially with something new. Fortunately a couple hours in the woodshed have yielded significant improvement. Still a long way to go, but this is a fun break form bass which is my main instrument.

BTW the tone I used was scene 2 from the Neal Schon Gift of Tone preset shared by @Cooper Carter recently. It's worth checking out if you haven't already.

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/what-guitar-solo-have-you-always-wanted-to-learn.206438/). Sometimes I Feel Like Screaming by Deep Purple was one named by user @ElectricPhase in this recent thread on solos we'd like to learn. Steve Morse always captivated me so I figured I'd take a crack at it.

If nothing else, this humbling experience gives me a few ideas on what to work on: picking, bending, artificial harmonics (I just fretted the notes because this is a new skill I've never developed).

Hey that’s probably my favorite track from Morse era. Great tone and playing, this is a tough one. His style is truly unique, he’s instantly recognizeable with the fast single note picked runs, which Petrucci took to another level.

Hey that’s probably my favorite track from Morse era. Great tone and playing, this is a tough one. His style is truly unique, he’s instantly recognizeable with the fast single note picked runs, which Petrucci took to another level.
Thanks! And yes, Petrucci is a madman.

Back
Top Bottom