Fixed Stereo UltraRes Sounds Quiet

so, not sure if this is a bug or something Im doing wrong. Im running a stereo ultras cab block with the following two cabs from cab pack 20:

ML Brit PR55 SM57-R121 01 (cab L)
ML Brit PR75 SM57-M160 03 (cab R)

• levels are at 0db for each cab and 0 db for the block
  • proximity effect is off
  • balance is at 0
  • input select is stereo
  • delays are at 0ms for each cab

when the pans are at the default of - 20 left and 20 right, the output is much quieter than running one of the IR's in a mono cab block. the tone also sounds brighter with less lows/mids (something like that)

if i set the pan to -100 left and 100 right the volume comes back and the tone sounds as I would expect. any pan setting other than that and its not sounding like I would expect the two cabs would sound blended together.

I tried this using the same cabs and settings on my axe fx II XL and it sounds as I would expect at any pan setting. volume is pretty much the same at all pan settings

if I use ML Brit PR55 SM57-R121 01 in both right and left in the AX8 it sounds fine at all pan settings. i tried a few more PR55 cabs in stereo ultras and they seem to be ok. i didn't try every possible combination of from cab pack 20, but it seems that using the PR55 an PR75 speakers together doesn't sound right on the ax8 buts works on the axe fx.

I have that pack, could not replicate your problem, sounds fine on my AX8 with your same settings.

Reset the Cab Block and try it again or start from a empty preset.

Resetting the cab block and also starting with a new preset didn't solve the problem. However it gave me an idea and I re-downloaded cab pack 20 and that fixed it.

A few months back I decided to convert the IR's to Syx using cab lab 3 to see if I could hear a difference in sound with the new ultra res 2.0. Apparently that didn't go so well. I just tried converting the newly downloaded IR's to Syx with the current version of cab lab 3 and that worked fine. Not sure what happened when i tried it a few months back, but its all working now.

Back
Top Bottom