Stand in switch setup

barnabas_

Hello! I bought a Saturnworks two button TRS switch for my FM9. When I go to calibrate it I don't have the option to calibrate it as a 2 button switch. It only alternates between expression and switch. The vids I have looked up say to simply choose the 2 switch option which doesn't seem to be available to me for some reason.

each pedal input can only be one switch.. so get a TRS to 2x TR splitter and use two pedal inputs..

..and no, don't ask "why doesn't the TRS input accept 2 switches"..lol

I use the ME TT-2 with only 1 TRS cable. One switch set for boost and one for tuner. Go to around 5:25 of below video and you should be ready to go:

TT2.jpg

Also, PDL 1 jack accepts TRS. I use my PDL 1 jack with an EV-1, which requires TRS.

Someone plz verify or deny PDL jacks 2 & 3 accept either TS to TRS.

Also, PDL 1 jack accepts TRS. I use my PDL 1 jack with an EV-1, which requires TRS.

Someone plz verify or deny PDL jacks 2 & 3 accept either TS to TRS.
All jacks support both TRS and TS.

All jacks support an expression pedal (which requires TRS) or a single switch.

All jacks support both TRS and TS.

All jacks support an expression pedal (which requires TRS) or a single switch.
Thanks; I wasn't absolutely sure until you clarified. I do know that a dual switch won't work with a TRS cable. If one needs 2 switches, gotta connect TRS plug to a TRS > 2x TS splitter. FAS figured this out many years ago. Yet, interestingly, the recurring question remains evocative and timeless.

The FM3 supports two switches per pedal jack. The FM9 and Axe III rear panel inputs only support one per jack.
Ok this is what was confusing me. I was like I know I saw it before. Strange that the more powerful unit is more limited in its switch capabilities. I guess I need to find a three button TRS switch to make the most of the FM9 as I have an EV-1 already.

Ok this is what was confusing me. I was like I know I saw it before. Strange that the more powerful unit is more limited in its switch capabilities. I guess I need to find a three button TRS switch to make the most of the FM9 as I have an EV-1 already.
That won't help...

As mentioned, the FM9 jacks support a single switch each and if you have an expression pedal already that leaves only 2 switches possible.

There are 3-button switches that work over TRS but they are proprietary and the devices they are controlling must be setup to support them.

Question:
If a 3-button footswitch were implemented, would it be possible if the footswitch had 3 output jacks? The idea would be to use a 2x TS > TRS joiner cable, for PDL jack 2, for example, and use the 3rd footswitch output jack as TS direct to PDL jack 3?

Or, am I just overthinking it and need a nap? ;)
The 3-button switches I have seen include diodes inside as part of the switching circuit, so no, I don't think so.

You could convert it by adding 2 more jacks and wiring each switch to a single TS jack and removing the rest of the circuit.

Back
Top Bottom