Stand In Switch Question

Is it possible to have a stand in swhich toggle between “more FX- and “FX” as well as a hold function to the master layout)?

Just wondering how I would program it to do so ?

And what polarity do I choose for standard latching ( the one I have is actually a dual switch hooked up via TRS but I have now read FM9 can’t use a dual stand in).

Is it possible to have a stand in swhich toggle between “more FX- and “FX” as well as a hold function to the master layout)?

Just wondering how I would program it to do so ?

And what polarity do I choose for standard latching ( the one I have is actually a dual switch hooked up via TRS but I have now read FM9 can’t use a dual stand in).
It can't use a dual "external"... A stand-in switch is a logical thing, not a physical one. It is allowing an external switch to stand-in for an onboard switch.

Hopefully you actually have a momentary switch? Latching isn't a great choice with the Fractal.

I don't think you will be able to use a Hold function with a latching switch.

I assume that the More FX / FX is a View Toggle, but you gave no context so I don't know for sure.

With a momentary switch, yes, you could have Tap toggle between 2 Views and Hold trigger MLM.

Refer to the Footswitch Functions Guide.

...I assume that the More FX / FX is a View Toggle, but you gave no context so I don't know for sure.

With a momentary switch, yes, you could have Tap toggle between 2 Views and Hold trigger MLM.

Refer to the Footswitch Functions Guide.
First thing to do is check and see if your FM9-Edit Tap functions display a toggle option between 2 layouts. (FX being layout 3, MORE FX, layout 4). If yes, that is solved. Set toggle [A]=layout 3, toggle [>B]=layout 4.

For the HOLD to trigger Mstrlayout, set the hold to trigger layout 9, view 1 (Mstrlayout.)

You can thank @unix-guy for this. I just showed my work in the process.

Last edited:
thanks guys. Great info and help.

First, yes, I have a momentary switch. No idea why latching was in my mind.

Second, where do I find the FM9-Edit Tap ? Does this task need to be done on the unit or the editor?

thanks guys. Great info and help.

First, yes, I have a momentary switch. No idea why latching was in my mind.

Second, where do I find the FM9-Edit Tap ? Does this task need to be done on the unit or the editor?
It's within your FM9-Edit editor. Power up your FM9 and connect first. Then, open to a grid and locate FC-Edit. Your FM9 layouts will display there, and below you'll see both the tap and hold function assignments.

You'll need to assign the momentary switch from the front panel, though. You could assign it as a momentary control switch (CS1 through CS6 in PDL2, then need to calibrate the switch. It gets a little hairy trying to do this, so gonna call in the troops.

ATTN: @Joe Bfstplk. Plz pick up the courtesy phone for stand in switch, please, Joe?

Last edited:
It's within your FM9-Edit editor. Power up your FM9 and connect first. Then, open to a grid and locate FC-Edit. Your FM9 layouts will display there, and below you'll see both the tap and hold function assignments.

You'll need to assign the momentary switch from the front panel, though. You could assign it as a momentary control switch (CS1 through CS6 in PDL2, then need to calibrate the switch. It gets a little hairy trying to do this, so gonna call in the troops.

ATTN: @Joe Bfstplk. Plz pick up the courtesy phone for stand in switch, please, Joe?
That made me laugh. If I have to calibrate a momentary switch on the front panel, the troops will be needed 🤪

Back
Top Bottom