SSS Preset , Amp / Cab combo ??

See the link below on the SRV patch I posted, Austinbuddy's patch. The SSS is sorta kinda a Fendery/Dumbly preamp into a Ampeg SVT power amp. More to it than that, but thats the topology of it more or less.

I have never played a real Dumble SSS, i have played a few of the clones. My fave would be the Bludo High-plan-Drifter, but Welagen also have a good one. The Two Rock Sterling ( should be even more hens teeth than a reall SSS) i have played in stores (I feel this is closer to a BF Twin Reverb than anything else in the AX8) There are other derivatives out there like the Fuchs clean machine and others. End of the the day for me, its sorta kinda like SRV in 84 and SRV in 89. I dont do any of them really, just messing around when in a good mood and those sorta licks is falling under the fingers. I dont miss the JBL's that SRV allegedly played early ( I do miss 12 - 65 Celes for that Robben Ford and other Dumbly stuff) the stock "Rumble" cabs in the AX8 is very nice.

My humble opinion is that these amps are very close to the real deal, some of my faves in the AX8. The "magic" silky sustain and balanced tone comes when you have your monitors up loud and you feel the amp is catching the air (of the monitor). You feel the "strain" of the amp and you need to work your touch to follow what the AX8 is doing. E.g very close to John Mayer "Slow Dancing" to give a real world example.

I dont play with much gain, a Marshall Plexi on 8 is pretty much max. I am always searching for the models that really sings and give you almost distortion like sustain even when playing clean. The Dumble ODS clean and Bludo Ojai together with the mongrel Skyline preamp and SVT power amp as I described above gives me that. Especially when I mess around with the internal compression and advanced parameters of the AX8 :)

I have never played a real Dumble SSS, i have played a few of the clones. My fave would be the Bludo High-plan-Drifter, but Welagen also have a good one. The Two Rock Sterling ( should be even more hens teeth than a reall SSS) i have played in stores (I feel this is closer to a BF Twin Reverb than anything else in the AX8) There are other derivatives out there like the Fuchs clean machine and others. End of the the day for me, its sorta kinda like SRV in 84 and SRV in 89. I dont do any of them really, just messing around when in a good mood and those sorta licks is falling under the fingers. I dont miss the JBL's that SRV allegedly played early ( I do miss 12 - 65 Celes for that Robben Ford and other Dumbly stuff) the stock "Rumble" cabs in the AX8 is very nice.

My humble opinion is that these amps are very close to the real deal, some of my faves in the AX8. The "magic" silky sustain and balanced tone comes when you have your monitors up loud and you feel the amp is catching the air (of the monitor). You feel the "strain" of the amp and you need to work your touch to follow what the AX8 is doing. E.g very close to John Mayer "Slow Dancing" to give a real world example.

I dont play with much gain, a Marshall Plexi on 8 is pretty much max. I am always searching for the models that really sings and give you almost distortion like sustain even when playing clean. The Dumble ODS clean and Bludo Ojai together with the mongrel Skyline preamp and SVT power amp as I described above gives me that. Especially when I mess around with the internal compression and advanced parameters of the AX8 :)
Please share? I haven't seen the video above, and I know the AX8 is never going to FEEL like a loud clean amp, but if you have something close you would be willing to post up I would appreciate it. Prob others too ;)

here is the two patches i posted in the SRV tread, one is from the exchange with all the blocks (Austinbuddy) the other is my adoption for the AX8 and how i play. If you want the pure clean you need to tweak it a bit, and you are of course right to get the silky sustain and tight bottom end you need to play loud to get the feel. In my adoption I for once depend a bit on the drive block and use it for a big boost, so this you need to change to get a more authentic feel. My own adoption doesnt go red on the reverb when not connected to the computer and with Beta 5.01 its a % or 2 to spare.

Attachments

• SSSinger SRV.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 39
  • Dumble SSS SRV.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 39
Back
Top Bottom