Special FX Presets in AX8?

Cory508

Inspired
Hey Guys!

I know the AX8 is designed to give you the most essential sounds a gigging player might need most but is it possible to get the more Special FX types of Presets?

My Axe Fx Ultra has some really cool special FX type patches.
Its not a matter of matching a amp/cab scenario and trying to clone the sound.
For me its a matter of the "Types of Presets"...Meaning, Ultra Special FX patches in the vein of:
Diamonique Rain
Capricorn
Solar Eclipse
The Planets...and ETC. These are the types of FX one might find in a Eventide H series or Eclipse that were part of the Ultra.

I've checked the Forum and Preset Exchange Forum and don't see any avenue to getting those types of presets as an option on the AX8. Is there any Avenue you can imagine were i could get these types of effects available to me in the AX8?

Thanks

The AX8 is not an Axe-Fx II...

But you can get some great special fx with Multi-Delay, Synth and Pitch.

Hey Guys!

I know the AX8 is designed to give you the most essential sounds a gigging player might need most but is it possible to get the more Special FX types of Presets?

My Axe Fx Ultra has some really cool special FX type patches.
Its not a matter of matching a amp/cab scenario and trying to clone the sound.
For me its a matter of the "Types of Presets"...Meaning, Ultra Special FX patches in the vein of:
Diamonique Rain
Capricorn
Solar Eclipse
The Planets...and ETC. These are the types of FX one might find in a Eventide H series or Eclipse that were part of the Ultra.

I've checked the Forum and Preset Exchange Forum and don't see any avenue to getting those types of presets as an option on the AX8. Is there any Avenue you can imagine were i could get these types of effects available to me in the AX8?

Thanks
you can try to use FracTool http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threa...-device-multitool.112538/page-41#post-1377789 to convert the AX II equivalents to AX8 format but given the differencebetween the types of blocks on each YMMV.

The AX8 is not an Axe-Fx II...

But you can get some great special fx with Multi-Delay, Synth and Pitch.
Thanks, i 'm not very good at sound design at all, i was hoping there were some presets out there some where that i could load in.

Does anyone know if its even possible to create the Capricorn sound out of a AX-8. I didn't look into seeing if someone on youtube showed the Capricorn preset from the AXE II. I too would love to have that sound with the AX-8

Yes i purchased the Fremen Presets and they got me closer to where i used to be with my Ultra...though i still miss a lot of the patches i had on the Ultra.

Yes i purchased the Fremen Presets and they got me closer to where i used to be with my Ultra...though i still miss a lot of the patches i had on the Ultra.

Curious to know what the sounds are from the special FX Fremen presets... I know he does great amp tones

Use fractool, i have ported may of the fxs from the flagship unit as well as fremens and some from swissChef

Which ones did you convert? Dont most of the synth sounds require 2 synth blocks and 2 pitch blocks?

Last edited:
Its a manual process... You would have to open the Ultra presets with Axe Edit and copy the block details over to ax8 edit.

Back
Top Bottom