Special for french owners of an AXE FX : argent trop cher !

pdelanghe

A little emotional story I would like to share with you guys. I'm 55, started playing guitar at 15, had ups and downs, never really practiced dutifully but always loved it. I raised 4 kids (two mine, two from my second wife). My own son is handicapped and he has perfect pitch, he spends most of his time listening to music and/or playing keyboards, alone or with me when he's home. As he listens to "top hits" french radio, he gets lots of stuff from the 80s : the music I listened to when I was in my 20s. So he had me listen again ... and play ... those songs from a french rock band called "Telephone" which was huge in the early 80s.
Yes, France had a couple of rock bands :) they were called the "french Stones" as the singer, Jean-Louis Aubert, has this expansive mouth like Jagger or Tyler.
The two other sons are more than decent musicians, one of them being a kick-ass drummer, who sometimes accepts to lay down some drum tracks for his stepdad, on this old fashioned music :)
Here is a personal tribute to Telephone, with one of their hits "Argent trop cher" (Money too expensive). The lyrics are still up to the point.
I did all the guitars and the bass with the Axe, mostly with the AC30 model, playing on the gain. There is also a Plexi hiding somewhere ... My stepson did the drums (recorded with 2 C414, one BD mic, and triggers for the snare and kick). I also sing but this is close to a disaster, or let's say, a little bit weird. I did not want to go in the autotune crap.
The Axe has been used as the sound card, and it was recorded with Logic.
Fairly less technical than most of the stuff that's posted on this forum, but who cares, it's only rock and roll. And fun.
I hope you enjoy.

Sounds good . Sounds very 70 's . I Googled the band and I must say that I like the sound better in your version than the original . But I have not heard the number before ( i'm danish ) so have no memories associated with it.

Back
Top Bottom