Special FC-6 Setup

TG3K

Fractal Fanatic
Last weekend I was asked to make a guest appearance at a friend's 40th wedding anniversary party. I sat in for one song with my old keyboardist's band to play Comfortably Numb, which was the first song the happy couple danced to 42 years ago. I was playing in that band 42 years ago, as was my old keyboardist. But this post isn't about Comfortably Numb, or me playing it.

The friend who was celebrating the anniversary is also a former bandmate (different band), and he's strictly an acoustic guitarist. He can count on one hand the number of times he's ever played a electric guitar. But for this event, he wanted to sit in with the band to play a Goo Goo Dolls song on an electric, and he asked if I could provide the guitar and the rig. It's a simple song that just needs a semi-crunchy amp tone. I set up a nice Friedman amp, Leon's TV Mix IR, and a touch of London plate reverb. Since I didn't want to over-complicate things, I copied the scene to all 8 slots, and set up my FC-6 so that 5 out of the 6 footswitches brought up scenes 1 through 5. The last footswitch was for a 4 dB boost, just in case he wanted to be a bit louder. I also decided to have some fun with the footswitch labels. I should note that this friend strongly dislikes the blues, so I figured it was imperative to give him not only a "Blues" option, but "Greens" as well. 😁

FC-6 Setup for Mikey.jpg

As an aside, he did a great job on the song. 👍

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom