Speaker cover for FBT Verve 12mA???

Dpoirier

Fractal Fanatic
I've been trying to find a good quality padded cover for my 12mA, and have not had any luck. I don't want a simple nylon slip cover, I'd prefer something sturdy, padded, and with secure closure (prefer velcro, but a zipped-up version would also be nice).

Anyone know where to get that? I found a place that would make them (custom), but the price is prohibitive ($250 for a pair!!! yikes!)

Couldn't find anything useful in SKB's or Gator's web sites either...

Anyone?

Daniel

You might give Pierre & Nancy a call at CoverAmp.com.

They did a fantastic job, making a custom padded cover for my Traynor K4. Very high quality work, and fast turnaround time, too. I recommend them highly.

http://www.coveramp.com/

Studioslips already has one made ( they have the measurements ).. $75 for the padded slip and $100 for the Clamshell
Tuki would probably run $70-80 but they don't show one on their site so you'd have to send the measurements to them I'd guess.

Cam said:
Studioslips already has one made ( they have the measurements ).. $75 for the padded slip and $100 for the Clamshell
Oh that's cool! However, their web site doesn't say much, and doesn't show any pictures... do their "padded slips" actually close, or are they just a 5-sided "dust cover" that you can't carry anything in? And if they do close, is it zipped up or velcro closure?
Thanks,
Daniel

Would it be too heavy for a backpack?

I't like to carry mine as a backpack, then I'd have the hands free for guitar case and Axe rack.

hunter said:

I't like to carry mine as a backpack, then I'd have the hands free for guitar case and Axe rack.

The 12ma weighs about 40 something pounds. I don't think I'd want to carry that on my back for long! The Gator bag has wheels.

mitch236 said:
hunter said:

The 12ma weighs about 40 something pounds. I don't think I'd want to carry that on my back for long! The Gator bag has wheels.

Why not? I just lost >20 pounds in 2 months so that means just an additional 20 with the Verve on the back. :mrgreen:

Problem is to find a big enough backpack with great padded belts.

The SS cover is just a cover made to fit like Tuki's and with a velcro strap probably on the bottom... the Clamshell is zipperd and fully enclosed... I'm pretty sure there is an opening on both types where the handle is. I've owned/own both SS and T and I prefer Tuki.. a little cheaper typically too.

hunter said:
mitch236 said:
How about the Gator GPA 600? I have two of them and the 12ma fits perfectly!

http://www.gatorcases.com/productsmodeldetail.aspx?LID=14&PID=94&MID=442

Mitch, do you think I could also squeeze a Ground Control Pro in with the speaker?

Yes, you definately could. Be carefull though because the 12ma is heavy and the GCP or the ma might get dinged. I carried mine that way when using it with a car but when I fly, I keep them seperate.

Just got off the phone with a very cool guy at Tuki Covers. He agreed to make covers, but needs an accurate drawing (the dimensions on the FBT web site are good enough for the length, but not for the side's shape, nor the location and size of the handle). He said if I send him a good quality trace of one side on solid paper (including the handle outline and location), he will make that model available in their collection of speaker covers. Their prices will be substantially better (I think $79 for a zippered clamshell cover, and around $90 for velcro closure). Studio Slips' is $100 for zippered.

I don't have any experience with either Studio Slips or Tuki Covers, so I have no opinion (though I'd be happy to pay a bit less, since I'll order two of them).

Anyone closer than me (I'm in Canada) want to get in on this and capture a nice drawing of their 12mA's side, and mail it to Tuki?

I told the guy at Tuki there was a bit of a frenzy to buy these speakers currently, and that as a result, he may be seeing several orders for covers...

Daniel

Back
Top Bottom