Sovtek Big Muff settings, anyone?

To be true, I miss my green Russian in my AX8. But I don't use it at all with my actual band so I can live with it.

I haven't tried very hard to get that sound in the AX8, and all my attempts failed. Now I know it wasn't me, so I'm very interested in this thread.

Gave a quick try using the input impedance set to 90K on the Axe III and so for it seems to do the trick. A little time will tell, but sure I'm satisfied with what I'm hearing/feeling. Thanks Austin Buddy, and waxcalifornia for reminding me of this. I see it was well discussed before.

I encourage fuzz face users to further investigate the other input impedances. Try the other options, 70K, 32K besides the 90K. I'm digging the 32K now. 22K was too low.

I encourage fuzz face users to further investigate the other input impedances. Try the other options, 70K, 32K besides the 90K. I'm digging the 32K now. 22K was too low.
According to the article below, fuzz face has an input impedance between 5k and 8.2k.

https://www.electrosmash.com/fuzz-face#link31

Anyway a Muff isn't properly a fuzz, it's first stage is actually a buffer (not the best one though) and its impedance is not that low

Back
Top Bottom