Songs Containing a simple Guitar and Amp recording for Matching Tones to AxeFX Amps

dannyp64

I’m looking for some songs that have isolated guitar parts to match up my amp settings too.

As an example, Sleeping Giant by Dream Theater has an isolated guitar part from the 23 second mark to the 40 second mark in the song. I can use that guitar part to match up the EQ, gain and depth to a Mesa Boogie JP amp model.

I’m trying to find similar guitar parts that don’t have competing guitar parts, drums, vocals etc. Just the guitar and an amp being played.

The beginning of Alive by Pearl Jam is another…. It’s just a guitar and an amp.

I’m also not looking for guitar parts without a lot of delay and reverb. The dryer the guitar part the better for what I’m looking for.

Vox, Fender, Marshally, Mesa tones welcome. I’d like to hear ideas for clean, dirty, overdrive and full out distortion.

Search Google for isolated guitar tracks. There's tons of them on there.
I agree there are some good ones but there’s also so many “isolated tracks” that clearly have processing going on to eliminate other recorded parts during the guitar track. I’m looking for one guitar being recorded during a given part of a song to get an unfiltered tone.

You could also look up stems and see if you can get an audio project file that has each of the individual tracks, then it’s literally just the guitar part.

I agree there are some good ones but there’s also so many “isolated tracks” that clearly have processing going on to eliminate other recorded parts during the guitar track. I’m looking for one guitar being recorded during a given part of a song to get an unfiltered tone.
A good number of isolated guitar tracks on YouTube are from stems rather than isolation plugins.

Last edited:
Yeah, the Rock Band and Guitar Hero games are dead, but they left in their wake a decade and a half of official instrument stems. Take a look at the list of DLC for the Rock Band franchise. That list is enormous. For any given song on there, there's a good chance someone dumped the raw stems and uploaded them somewhere over the years.

There used to be a Google Docs sheet years ago that had a master list of all the stems (and where to download them) in an easy to use format. Unfortunately, I think it got DMCA'd as it's been offline for at least 2-3 years at this point. YouTube is your best bet now.

Back
Top Bottom