Songs and preset switching with Pitch block

SJonesofva

Inspired
I'm working on a looper practice set. I have a song defined that has one scene from a preset where the Pitch block is engaged, and scenes from a different preset where there is a Pitch block in the preset, but in the scenes I'm using in the song the Pitch block is bypassed.

I have a set where this song is the only song in the set.

The problem is, when I select the scene in one preset where the Pitch block is engaged, and then select one of the other scenes, the Pitch block switches from bypass to engaged, I guess carrying over it's setting from the other scene, which I don't want. I don't see this behavior with any other type of block.

Is this a bug that I should report, or is this "as designed" and is there a work around?

Thanks,

Steve

Most likely the routing. Need to have a look at the presets. Or at least a screenshots of the grid layouts.

Last edited:
Here's the grid layout of the other preset used in the "song", which has a pitch block, but it is bypassed. When I simply shift from one preset/scene to the other using Presets, it works as it should. In other words, when I switch from the Bass preset Scene 1 to the Worship 1 HB preset scene one, the pitch block does not switch on. When I do the same thing using the Set List, the Pitch block switches on in the Worship 1 HB preset.

Thanks,

Steve

1696468206706.png

What I'm trying to do, is use the looper to lay down a rhythm track, then dub a bass track on it (My Basic Bass preset makes my 6 string sound like a bass), then play that back and solo over it. I guess I could remove the pitch block from the 2nd preset but I'm just wondering why it is behaving like this. Doesn't seem right.

Steve

You have Scene Ignore turned on in the Pitch block of the second preset. That will make the block keep it's current state and not change to the state saved in any scene.

Edit: Nevermind, Scene Ignore shouldn't carry over between presets changes though. When coming from another preset, the block should load in whatever state is saved for that block in the Scene Manager for the selected scene.

Last edited:
That was it. I thought I had tested turning scene ignore off, but obviously not. I use the pitch block for a virtual capo in that preset so have scene ignore turned on so that as I go from scene to scene within the preset the pitch change stays the same.

I think the difference is using the setlist/song feature to change scenes. So apparently when using this feature to change scenes going from a scene in a preset to a different scene in a different preset the block was keeping it's current state even though in another preset. Wonder why it does this for the pitch block? Doesn't do it for others.

Feature or bug?

Steve

That was it. I thought I had tested turning scene ignore off, but obviously not. I use the pitch block for a virtual capo in that preset so have scene ignore turned on so that as I go from scene to scene within the preset the pitch change stays the same.

I think the difference is using the setlist/song feature to change scenes. So apparently when using this feature to change scenes going from a scene in a preset to a different scene in a different preset the block was keeping it's current state even though in another preset. Wonder why it does this for the pitch block? Doesn't do it for others.

Feature or bug?

Steve
When you select a preset, it will load a specific 'Scene', depending on how you have your unit setup to handle that. The Pitch block will be 'on' or 'off', and use whatever channel as saved for that particular 'Scene'.

When you use the 'Setlist/Song' feature, You can select the 'Scene' when a preset loads, which can be different than the 'Scene' that loads when that preset is normally selected. So, many things could potentially be different in that (potentially) different 'Scene' being loaded via 'Setlist/Song' mode.

Last edited:
I'm going to call this a bug. I reported it as well. Using the Sets/Songs feature would kick on the Pitch block even though the preset triggered by that given song was saved with the Pitch bypassed - I triple checked.

The Pitch block would also randomly be on when powering on my FM9T even though it was bypassed when I saved and turned the unit off.

@unix-guy suggested turning Scene Ignore off and back on, which seems to have cleared out the gremlins for me, but still hoping this and some other minor weird things are addressed in the next FW

Back
Top Bottom