Sometimes doesn't come on

golfnut

Inspired
Sometimes when I start up my FM9 (new less than 2 weeks ago) during it booting it will go to a blank screen and just get stuck there. I have to power it off and start it again. The next time it gets to that blank screen its only on it for a couple seconds and then starts up with out issue. I know that once that blank screen comes up if it doesn't start up after that within a few seconds, its not going to.
Has anyone else experienced this?

It definitely shouldn't be behaving like that. I have a AxeFx3, not FM9, but it boots successfully in the same amount of time every time. Maybe others will be able to help, but you could reach out to Fractal support for this one.

I would definitely reach out to Fractal Support. Their support is first class. They'll be able to help you track down the cause of the problem.

I've had my FM9 since the first batches and recently encountered this a few times.

I suspect it may be related to the editor being already running but I have nothing to back up that suspicion other than anecdotal...

I've had my FM9 since the first batches and recently encountered this a few times.

I suspect it may be related to the editor being already running but I have nothing to back up that suspicion other than anecdotal...

You may have a point there. I always leave the editor open when I shut my FM9 down. Should I be closing it and only opening it after the unit is up and running?

I’ve had this happen 3 or 4 times. Each time I was strumming away. My theory is that it doesn’t like anything coming in on the input jack while booting up. But good chance I’m wrong on that. Editor theory makes sense too.
Thankfully it’s never done this twice in a row for me.

I’ve had this happen 3 or 4 times. Each time I was strumming away. My theory is that it doesn’t like anything coming in on the input jack while booting up. But good chance I’m wrong on that. Editor theory makes sense too.
Thankfully it’s never done this twice in a row for me.

So far its never happened to me twice in a row either. I just shut down the FM9 and turn it on again and its ok. I'll have to make sure I shut down the editor whenever I turn the FM9 off and see if that solves it.
I did send an email to Fractal support to see if they have anymore insight.

Back
Top Bottom