Something is messed up

golfnut

I have no idea what I did. I'm sure that all the presets I did my self were on Bank 501. On the pedal its showing as Bank 050. If I look in FM edit or go to manage presets its showing as 501.
Problem is that I created a preset on another bank. I thought it was 499 but when I look in manage presets its showing it on Bank 495. However on my fm9 when I scroll through all the presets I only find bank 000 to bank 050. I can't find the preset on bank 495 because I can't find 495.
As well my other presets on fm9 show it on 501 but on the unit it shows on 050. What the heck is going on here?
If I click on the preset in manage presets, bank 495, in fm9 edit it goes to the preset showing 495 and its there. At the same time my fm9 pedal goes to bank 049 and shows "Empty". If I press the switch no sound cause there is no preset there. Although in fm9 edit it is there.

Banks contain presets. Do you have a Bank size of 10? If so, each Bank contains 10 Presets. Therefore, Preset 501 will be in Bank 50 and Preset 495 will be in Bank 49. Is that the source of the confusion?

Manage Presets shows Preset numbers (e.g. 501, 495) not Bank numbers.

Banks contain presets. Do you have a Bank size of 10? If so, each Bank contains 10 Presets. Therefore, Preset 501 will be in Bank 50 and Preset 495 will be in Bank 49. Is that the source of the confusion?

Manage Presets shows Preset numbers (e.g. 501, 495) not Bank numbers.
I have a preset on bank 495. So that should show as Bank 049 on my fm9 correct. When I go down to bank 49 it shows all empty. If I go on fm9 edit and manage presets and open bank 495 my preset is there and I can play it. On the fm9 unit it shows that it goes to bank 049 and shows them all as empty. If I press the footswitch where my preset should be, no sound cause it shows empty. but on fm9 edit it is there and as long as I access it from fm9 edit I can play it.
If you can see it in this picture it shows it on my preset on 495 but all the footswitches are empty. I can only bring up the preset with fm9 edit.

Attachments

• fm9.jpg
    fm9.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 11
Basically after playing around for a few minutes, I can't get to 495 on the FM9, where my preset is. I can do it on FM9 edit but not on the unit. Can anyone tell me why it all of a sudden would do that. I haven't messed with changing any settings.

Can any one tell me what the factory default bank size setting is? I may have inadvertently changed it while going to adjust the contrast. I hit the big wheel by mistake and it changed. I put it on what I thought it defaulted 10.
I'm just wondering if it originaly was set to 12.

Can any one tell me what the factory default bank size setting is? I may have inadvertently changed it while going to adjust the contrast. I hit the big wheel by mistake and it changed. I put it on what I thought it defaulted 10.
I'm just wondering if it originaly was set to 12.

Take a look at page #89 in the manual. I don't think it was originally set to 12 unless you customized the bank size. I think the default is five. You generally want the bank size to correspond to what makes sense in your layouts.

Last edited:
I just need to know what the factory default was. I can't find that anywhere in the manual or anywhere else. I was able to get my preset available on the footswitch. I just went to manage presets and cut 495 and pasted it to 490. I would love to know why I can no longer access 495. It goes in 10's.
On the right of the unit it says 050. On the big screen on the left its actually 500. When I bank down 1, it goes to 040, on the bigger screen says 490. I've got my preset now but I had to copy from 495, which I no longer can access by banking down.

Your bank size should be set to match the number of Preset > Select in Bank switches you use in your layouts. If it's set too high, you won't see all of the presets in each bank. If it's set too low, it will show duplicates to fill the rest of the Preset > Select in Bank switches.

If you change the bank size, you'll need to update the Upper Limit values for all your Bank Inc and Dec switches. In the editor, enter 999 into the Upper Limit field and hit enter. The editor will automatically update it to the highest available bank for the current set bank size.

1724277918519.png

My current bank size is 4, so I've got 128 banks (they start at zero).

Last edited:
Your bank size should be set to match the number of Preset > Select in Bank switches you use in your layouts. If it's set too high, you won't see all of the presets in each bank. If it's set too low, it will show duplicates to fill the rest of the Preset > Select in Bank switches.

If you change the bank size, you'll need to update the Upper Limit values for all your Bank Inc and Dec switches. In the editor, enter 999 into the Upper Limit field and hit enter. The editor will automatically update it to the highest available bank for the current set bank size.

View attachment 144184

My current bank size is 4, so I've got 128 banks (they start at zero).

Do you know what the factory default is? I accidentally moved it with that big knob. I thought it was on 10 so I put it there. And now I cant access some banks. I don't want to modify the upper limit. I just want to return the bank size to however it was when it came new, a week ago.

Should be 5 for the bank size like playmusic said if you're using the factory default Presets layout.

You will have to change the upper limit if you changed the Bank size. Otherwise you won't be able to access all of the banks. If you changed the bank size to 10, the Upper Limit setting would have automatically changed because there's fewer banks with more presets per bank. When you change it back down to 5, the Upper Limit settings will not automatically update. You'll have to do that manually.

The default bank size of 5 gives 103 banks (0 to 102). Changing it to 10 then means there's now only 52 (0 to 51) so the previous setting of 102 is no longer valid. It automatically changes the Upper Limit value when you increase the bank size, but not when you decrease it.

You're not seeing preset 495 because with bank size set to 10 you're only seeing the first 5 presets in each bank of 10 since you've only got 5 preset in bank switches in the layout. Preset 495 would fall in the 5 presets that are not showing in that bank.

You need to change your bank size back to 5 and then set your Upper Limit to 102 in order to get to and see all 512 presets.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom