Some EVM-12L IRs I shot

joegold

Fractal Fanatic
Please try these out and let me know what you think.
I seem to be getting a bit better at this.
These .syx files are for a MKI AxeII.
[I tried to ul the .IR files but the forum system didn't seem to recognise the file type.
Is this normal?
We can't ul .IR files to the forum?]

Coy2UpDI-20RMEConeUR.syx
CoyRMEDICapOAClUR.syx

The first one sounds a bit better to me.
It was done with a Sure Unidyne SM57 using an RME Babyface's mic pre, an ART DI (w/line out pad at -20dB), shot close to the middle of the cone and it's in Ultra Res format.
The cab is an open back 1 X 12 Coyote Alpha slant cab which was on an amp stand for this one to decouple the cab from the floor.

The second one was done with the same mic, mic pre, DI and cab but it was mic'd on the Cap, close, off-axis and the DI line out was set to -40dB.

When I grabbed this DI I thought that for speaker level signals it had to be padded down the full -40dB.
But when I listened to the DI's line out signal the -40dB setting could drive the line level inputs on my monitors very well whereas the -20dB pad was much better.
Live and learn I guess.
Not sure if the lower pad helped that 1st IR or not but it does sound marginally better to me than the other IR.

In the Cab Block I'm doing a 60hz cut and a 7600Hz cut w/a slope of -12dB.
I'm also doing 33.3% Room Level with the default Room size (5) and Mic Spacing (10%).
I use these IRs with Presets built around the Double Verb, the Deluxe Verb and USA IIC+ sims both clean and gain.

Attachments

• Coy2UpDI-20RMEConeUR.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 32
  • CoyRMEDICapOAClUR.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 36
i tried em with a bunch of my presets and while they worked there was a very distinct "blanket over the speaker" type thing going on imo. could be that i like the high end to extend up to 12khz but thats roundabout the only complaint Ive got about these, very chunky and punchy in the mids which i liked

I tried them. There is a loss of high end somewhere in the chain.

That's odd.
The reason I like these IRs more than any commercial 12L IRs I own is because they're brighter.
I'll have to check the files I ul'd to the forum when I get a chance.
Something's off.

I just checked these 2 IRs by dl'ing them from this forum and loading them into my Axe to make sure you were using the same files as me.
They sound fine here.
If anything they're on the bright side.
Not sure what the issue might be on your end yek.
But thanks for checking them out.

Here's another one from the same sessions.
It's the IR I'm currently using now in all my Presets.
I don't recall all of the details but the "S8" in the IR's name indicates that I used the smoothing feature in CL3 with a value of 8.0 prior to saving the IR shoot.
I use this with no EQ in the Cab Block, just 33% Room with the default Room size (5) and Mic Spacing (10%).

CoyRMEDICapOAClURS8.syx

Attachments

• CoyRMEDICapOAClURS8.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 20
Back
Top Bottom