[solved] Tuner is reading incorrectly

mrb1946

Hey guys

Having some issues with the tuner in my Axe FX 3. I just got this thing about a month ago, and I haven't had any issues with it yet.

I'm playing a guitar in drop C and the tuner is reading each string almost a semi tone sharp. I'm plucking the low C and the tuner is reading C#. I have checked my tuning on other tuners to verify I'm actually at a C.

Signal path is currently: Guitar > AXE > Monitors

I don't have any tuner offsets on.

Going to attach a pic of what my tuner is showing when I hit the low C.

My AXE is on FW 12.05

Any ideas?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-03-22 at 11.38.20 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-22 at 11.38.20 AM.png
    167 KB · Views: 18
What may be happening is that your computer is trying to force the unit to the wrong sample rate (it should be 48KHz).
Remove USB to test this. If so, you have a computer problem to fix.

Do you have another piece of gear connected to the Axe-FX SPDIF or AES input?

If the Axe clock source is set to SPDIF/AES and you're sending a 44.1k signal to the chosen digital input, this can occur. The clock source needs to be 48k for everything to work as intended.

What may be happening is that your computer is trying to force the unit to the wrong sample rate (it should be 48KHz).
Remove USB to test this. If so, you have a computer problem to fix.

Disconnecting/Reconnecting USB did it. Thanks Matt.

Oddly enough, when I rebooted the unit earlier, there was no change. And I checked the AudioMIDI Setup utility and it showed 48khz. Must have just been a little glitch with my computer.

Thanks for the help!

Do you have another piece of gear connected to the Axe-FX SPDIF or AES input?

If the Axe clock source is set to SPDIF/AES and you're sending a 44.1k signal to the chosen digital input, this can occur. The clock source needs to be 48k for everything to work as intended.

I do, but the clock was set to 48k.

Back
Top Bottom