SOLVED-Sorry! Using FM9 into power amp in Katana 50 mkII?

Stratman68

Axe-Master
What output would you use from FM9 into the power amp in of this amp? It's a regular 1/4" mono jack.

Had it going fine with my FM3 a year ago, but I am not sure which out I used from the FM3, which is in a box in my closet for now.
thanks

Well solved sort of I guess. I am just using left out 3 of the FM9 into the power amp in. This way I don't need any adapters.

For the katana series, you actually have options, however in all cases I would suggest that you have your output levels set to the default of the FM3 of -10dBu, and use OUT2, preserving OUT1 for use with studio monitors/PA/headphones.

Your options include..

1. The aux input (not present iirc on the 50W versions).
2. The FX return (as you have decided). From my understanding, this amp series does adjust the tonality of the power amp according to the amp chosen on the front panel so there may be tonal artifacts.
3. A solid alternative, is to set the Katana to PANEL mode, plug into the guitar input, and select the ACOUSTIC amp model. Set tone controls to 12 o'clock and fx controls fully anti-clockwise. Using this method has a benefit of adding the tone controls of the katana into your signal flow for quick adjustments

In all cases,

1. I would recommend running some music through your chosen path to identify any EQ adjustments that you may need, and in order, try to do those a) on The Katana, then b) the OUTPUT 2 EQ of the FM3..
2. The Katana is not a traditional combo guitar amp.. it is a modeling amp with a intended neutral response from the speaker, so you may well find that leaving power amp simulation and/or cab modeling either or both ON may give your more pleasing tones..

regards

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom