*Solved* Need help identifying a 3rd party IR

Brian Dean-O

Inspired
Where does this IR come from:
U87_grill_edge_pres_3
???
Okay my friends I have this killer IR that I use in every single one of my presets, sometimes it’s by itself, sometimes I blend it with self made Dyna Cab pack IRs and other times I blend it with a second 3rd party IR that I love from York Audio.

The one I speak of that is the reason I’m reaching out for help verifying it I only have because I bought my FM3 second hand and he had hundreds of user cabs in the user cab slot. Some of the cabs are the GoT (gift of tone) cabs, some are 3rd party and then there’s the IDK 🤷‍♂️ category I don’t know if he made these himself or purchased them…..but one of them freakin’ rocks and just works so well for me it’s not perfect it is still a little harsh in the high end by default on my guitar but I’m able to tame that and it’s killer but I only have this one copy which of course is backed up three different ways and places but I would like to purchase it and I have no idea who it can be purchased from or did this guy I bought my FM3 from just make it himself??
Does anyone recognize this IR name???

U87_grill_edge_pres_3

Thank you!

I believe that's from God's Cab. I use those IR's all the time.
You, sir are a scholar and a gentleman.
I’m doing research now. Seems this might not still be available I say this because I found this when googling God’s Cab:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Guitar/s/5B5pNtau2M
I take it this was not paid 3rd party IR then? Free but rare now or what? Still looking may find answer before you respond but who cares we’re just talking 😊

Thank you both of you @GlennO and @Greg Ferguson

The IR in question is ALMOST perfect but still a little (just a little) harsh in the top end so today because I saw someone say on our forum here that one of Jen’s Bogren’s IR’s is their favorite IR of all time and the pack is on sale I purchased one of his packs.
Here’s what’s funny…I found an IR in Jen’s’ clean pack that is almost identical to yes U87 IR in question for cleans, it sounds the same but without the slightly harsh high end, although this one of Jen’s seems just a hair the other way just a bit not bright enough kind of dark….
I then found another of his from his Lead pack that is to my ears almost identical to the same U87 IR that’s taken my fancy except it’s again just a tiny bit too dark……
Now to go to Cab Lab and try blending those with the U87 IR and see if I can find Goldilocks zone 😊
Actually I guess I should check out the other 100 IR’s I just bought in that pack first 🤣

I think it’s nuts it’s this good sounding and it’s free. Wow. Albeit I blend this IR with either a York Audio cab or a custom Cab Lab Dyna Cab IR but still….

I’ll download this when I get a chance. It’s funny I’ve paid for 3 IR packs and the IR’s I use are all freebies. Thanks guys for posting the links.

I got around to downloading this free! pack. Yeah I can see why the OP is using this IR on every single preset. Sounds great. Glad you posted and I'm glad the guys knew what it was. Thanks all

I’ll download this when I get a chance. It’s funny I’ve paid for 3 IR packs and the IR’s I use are all freebies. Thanks guys for posting the links.
I’ve spent hundreds on IRs and still use the Supro Mix that is preloaded on every fractal unit. It just sounds perfect to me.
I swear I’ll stop buying IRs! But what if the next one is better?

Back
Top Bottom