SOLVED: Momentary Volume jump changing scenes on FW 8 public beta 1

Guvna

Hey FM9 folks. I've got a strange issue: Moving from scene 2 in a preset to scene 1 there is a fraction of a second where there is a very loud jump in volume. It only happens when going from Scene 2 to Scene 1 - going from 1 to 2 does changes as per normal. It makes the preset unusable in anything other than a home alone situation, and I couldnt use this live.

About my setup, if this makes any difference: Running FW 8 Beta (perhaps this is the issue). No cab block, I'm running direct from output 3 to my Boss TAE Effects return, then to one of my cabs. The only block that is going on/off is a delay block (2290 W/ Modulation). Amp level is at 4.0dB, output at 0dB, and I'm safely sitting under clip (until the aforementioned blast of volume).

Any ideas?

How long have you been playing with this preset? Did it happen on previous firmware versions?
I suggest you try to remove blocks until the problem disappears (i hope).
Then start again with the original preset and remove only that specific block, and see what happens.
If it doesn't disappear at all, try to build the preset from scratch?

I found the issue. Just before I saved and uploaded it, I changed the [bypassed] Delay block from analogue mono to 2290 one. That's the only change I made prior to saving and uploading. I had to step out so didnt have a chance to test it before running out the door.

Your suggestion of rebuilding the preset was exellent, and would have been my next step. This was a modified clone of one template I have set up.

Probably should have checked the delay block before posting (my bad) - I just didnt think of it until after!

Back
Top Bottom