[solved] momentary control switch defaults to on

Vostor

I have a momentary control switch on my FC6 that engages an effect when pressed. It works fine but when I select one of the presets that uses this it defaults to on state. Once pressed (and released) the effect tuns off and button functions nicely as momentary switch...
I tried all different settings in the preset... Am I missing something?

Last edited:
I have a momentary control switch on my FC6 that engages an effect when pressed. It works fine but when I select one of the presets that uses this is defaults to on state. Once pressed (and released) the effect tuns off and button functions nicely as momentary switch...
I tried all different settings in the preset... Am I missing something?
Three things come to mind:
  1. Did you tell the modeler what the default state of the switch is? P. 9 in the FC6+FC12 Owners Manual says…
    Screenshot 2024-01-18 at 12.28.24 PM.png
  2. It could be that the Min and Max settings need to be reversed in the modifier. From the modeler's manual…
    Screenshot 2024-01-18 at 12.32.33 PM.png
    "volume pedal" isn't the important part, Min and Max values are.
  3. Read about "External Controller Initial Values" in the modeler's manual. They're interesting and pre-set the value for a switch or controller whether or not it's attached. It defaults to 0% but maybe setting it to 100% will help.
    Screenshot 2024-01-18 at 12.42.15 PM.png

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-18 at 12.32.33 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-18 at 12.32.33 PM.png
    58.9 KB · Views: 4
Also, very specifically for modifiers attached to the bypass button, engaging the bypass button turns the effect off. Look for the BYPASS and ENGAGE values in the modifier panel and see whether they say Min is ENGAGED and Max is BYPASS.

Check the CS Per Scene setting and make sure it's set to OFF in all of the scenes.
No, it is not, it is controlled by a CS button... The preset always defaults to scene one when selected. Scene one has the effect bypassed, except when CS button is pressed.

Three things come to mind:
  1. Did you tell the modeler what the default state of the switch is? P. 9 in the FC6+FC12 Owners Manual says…
    View attachment 133485
  2. It could be that the Min and Max settings need to be reversed in the modifier. From the modeler's manual…
    View attachment 133487
    "volume pedal" isn't the important part, Min and Max values are.
  3. Read about "External Controller Initial Values" in the modeler's manual. They're interesting and pre-set the value for a switch or controller whether or not it's attached. It defaults to 0% but maybe setting it to 100% will help.
    View attachment 133488
yes, all set...

The problem is only when the preset is initially selected, then the CS1 button is on (should not..).
As soon as I press it and release, it is off and the button functions as it should and engages the effect as long as I press the button.

No, it is not, it is controlled by a CS button... The preset always defaults to scene one when selected. Scene one has the effect bypassed, except when CS button is pressed.

Yes and that control switch's initial state can be set per scene. Make sure that it's set to OFF in all scenes in CS per Scene so that the switch is in the off state when the preset loads.

Back
Top Bottom