[SOLVED] In USB --> Out 3

Lance Holland

Inspired
Now that I have moved from the FM3 to the FM9, I wanted to eliminate the MIDI/Audio interface that I was using to play clips for our band.
I added a block "In USB" and connected it to Out 3. I get no sound. If I connect the In USB to Out 1, I get sound.

What am I missing?

For the audio to reach the In USB block, you need to be sure to send your audio to channels 7/8.

Whenever troubleshooting this kind of thing, the first place you should look is the meters page on the home screen. That will show you where the audio is going and what you need to do to hear it.

Output 3 knob is all the way up. The meters show that signal is going into USB 1&2. Still, nothing is coming out of Out 3.

If I turn up the Out 1 knob, I get sound from the USB. But, the point was to route sound the sound from USB to Out 3 and be able to control the level independently from Out 1. On the unit, changing Copy Input 1 to on or off has no effect.

I have a 1/4" cable connected to Out 3 Left.

I'm sorry if I'm being dense.
The physical Out 3 knob is turned up.
I only get sound ONLY from Out 1. The meters confirm that nothing is on Out 3....just Out 1.

DUUUUH... I got it - I wasn't comprehending what you were saying. The iPad needs to send IT'S audio output to 7&8. Worked!!!

Wow - this completely eliminated a piece of gear. No interface is needed.

Thanks for your patience.

Back
Top Bottom