[Solved] Help with creation of rough patch

Tremonti

Fractal Fanatic
Been a user of Fractal and on here for a decade. No newbie. Went to create a master patch and have issues.

I know to put input block first and output block last. Both are correct numbers to each other.

I used 2 lines with one ending with feedback send and new line starting with feedback return. No signal?

If I move the output 1 block to the end of first line where feedback send is, I get signal?

Second. When I do the latter, it's like a pure clean signal with amp model added? Please advise. Thanks!

Is the level in Return turned up?

As usual, posting a screenshot or uploading the preset will help us help you.

Is the level in Return turned up?

As usual, posting a screenshot or uploading the preset will help us help you.
Pretty sure I looked. But I will again on send and return. I'll also post patch when I get a moment.

I think Chris is right with making sure return level is turned up all the way. Return blocks default with the “Return Level” set to 0% as it’s easy to create runaway feedback if you’re using a SND/RTN as a feedback loop setup on the grid, so defaulting to 0% return level encourages the user to turn it up slowly and avoid destructive feedback loop volume.

For extending grid lines you just need to turn the Feedback Return to 100% straight away, but only safe in that use case. Also probably not the case but make sure you’re not accidentally using a SND1 and a RTN2 or anything, SND/RTN only passes audio to the block of matching number.

Send block functions as a normal shunt if you connect a block to it, that’d be why you’re getting output when you mention moving your OUT1 block up to the first line where the send is.

Page 126-127 of the III manual covers both feedback loop and “extending line on the grid” use cases of send and return blocks in more detail.

Back
Top Bottom