[SOLVED] Firmware 1.12 - No Sounds from User Presets

peteri

Power User
Hi

Downloaded 1.12 tonight and installed, factory presets work fine. Creating new presets worked fine.

But all presets I programmed in 1.10 looked ok - but no sound at all from the output.

Even after deleting in, out, amp and cab and re-adding them nothing. Unless I dimed the output, where there was something faintly audible.

Went back to 1.10 and all is fine

Anyone else?

Hi

Downloaded 1.12 tonight and installed, factory presets work fine. Creating new presets worked fine.

But all presets I programmed in 1.10 looked ok - but no sound at all from the output.

Even after deleting in, out, amp and cab and re-adding them nothing. Unless I dimed the output, where there was something faintly audible.

Went back to 1.10 and all is fine

Anyone else?
No issues here? Go to the 'Layout' screen and then 'Page'-right to the meters screen to see where you are losing signal.

Look at any of the meter pages/views to get a clue as to where things are going wrong.

No issues here.

I will say this though - check whether you had a modifier attached to a control that would effect output - like the amp level, the output block, an effect that is set to MUTE when bypassed that once had a modifier attached to it when you created the preset.

If the modifiers link has been corrupted, you could just have a volume/gain setting turned down to zero, and can find it and fix this.

The other thing I would suggest is to use Fractal bot to save you presets with 1.10. Install 1.12 and then re-load your preset backup.

Will try all these things tonight, thanks

Definitely no modifiers, I hadn't got that far yet! But the meters view is a good idea which I should have thought of!

It’s going to be a cab problem. I asked the same question awhile back and no response. Whenever I update firmware, presets I’ve downloaded from axe change go silent. It has something to do with the axe boot up and recognizing cabs I believe. Haven’t figured it out.

Hi

Meters helped a bit - it's the looper block.

In 1.12 the default for the dry level instead of being 0.0db is -60db, hence no sound!

Annoying but an easy fix!

Also (and I could be wrong, this might have been earlier a feature) the playback filters on the looper are set to cut almost all the bass and treble (i.e. just a tiny notch of mids left)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom