[SOLVED]Audio dropout when using MIDI foot controller to switch scenes or presets?

z2810inch

Hey there. First time poster.

I am currently using a Axess Electronics FX1 foot controller with my Axe FX 3. When I change scenes or presets via the front panel, there is basically no audio dropout.

But when I use my FX1, I notice a rather large audio dropout. Also, when using the foot controller to do it via MIDI, if you watch the front panel I see that during the audio dropout, the Axe Fx is momentarily selecting Scene 8 and then going to the scene I selected.... it's like it glitches???

Anyone else see this?

I am currently using a Axess Electronics FX1 foot controller with my Axe FX 3. When I change scenes or presets via the front panel, there is basically no audio dropout.

But when I use my FX1, I notice a rather large audio dropout. Also, when using the foot controller to do it via MIDI, if you watch the front panel I see that during the audio dropout, the Axe Fx is momentarily selecting Scene 8 and then going to the scene I selected.... it's like it glitches???

Anyone else see this?
Then your foot controller doesn't send correct midi, if you see it going to scene 8

Thanks for the response...it doesn't stay on scene 8..... for example, say I want to go from scene 2 to scene 3......as the foot button is pressed, the Axe Fx will "glitch" to scene 8 in between going from 2 to 3.

Thanks for the response...it doesn't stay on scene 8..... for example, say I want to go from scene 2 to scene 3......as the foot button is pressed, the Axe Fx will "glitch" to scene 8 in between going from 2 to 3.
Yes your fc probably sends a scene 8 request followed by the correct one.
Scene select is midi cc#34 if i remember correctly

Yep. It's set to 34 and the value is set correctly to 0 through 3 (I only use scenes 1 through 4) per the Axe FX 3 manual.

You are right though...it seems like it's getting a momentary CC value to select scene 8...but I don't see that anywhere in the programming.

It seemed to have really started with the version 12 update. I'm not exactly sure as I just got the Axe Fx 3 a few weeks back and just started the setup process when I updated the firmware.

Thanks in advance for any insight!

Anyone else see this?
Are you sending and receiving on just one MIDI channel?

To the Axe Fx, yes. I have other MIDI gear on separate channels (CAE 4X4, RJM Effect Gizmo, H&K Triamp II, etc)....but the Axe is on it's own dedicated channel (Channel 3 of 16 Available).

Fixed it!!! Downloaded a MIDI monitor and found that indeed the FX1 was sending a HEX message just prior to the Control change. Long story short is when programming the FX1, it looks like I had double selected the message within the Instant Access Switch Option....crazy complicated....without the MIDI monitor, I would have never seen this! Thanks to chris for recommending the MIDI Monitor!!!

Here's a screenshot of the problem area and the "right answer" inputted.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    288.5 KB · Views: 14
Back
Top Bottom