solutions for my "b-rig"(amplification)?

etzel

Inspired
i am a axe standard user for almost one year. my main rig, that stays at church and moves out from time to time is made up by a tube amp(used for power amp solution), axe fx and a a 2x12 cabinet. i love it, sound gorgeous.

my problem: i hate playing at home just the "dry guitar" and also the axe with headphones.

i am looking for a solution that consists and needs to give me:
-possibility to play at home(hate headphones with axe, have no real monitors with computer)
-possibility to move out(kind of combo thing) and play in small places(i use to play at other churches too)with or without the axe, as situation permits
-relatively cheap(not beyond 500 euro)

why i am into a tube amp? because i could play and practice at home and in other places when i cant bring my axe(part of the "big rig"). when i want to couple that with axe, i could plug into the effects loop "return" and actually get a nice tube power amp, which seems to work like a charm with my other rig

can you give me some options? i have some ideas but am open to anything else out there

thanks

For a practice amp, I have the Roland Micro Cube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qSf0mYO3R4

I think I paid around $100 for mine. Has a good assortment of effects. It can run on batteries. It has an 1/8 aux in jack so you can plug your mp3 payer into it and jam along with your tunes. It get's surprisingly loud for it's small size. Awesome portability, just pick it up and go. Or strap it on and walk around as you play. It fits nicely in a suitcase if you are traveling. Just an overall nice little utility unit and inexpensive.

Back
Top Bottom