Wish Solo recall function(s)

Smilzo

Fractal Fanatic
I wish a solo recall function (short story).

Long explanation:
In my main preset I use 3 scenes for rhythm (clean, crunch and overdrive) and a 3 scenes for lead. Rhythm scenes use 3 amps (channels) and drive, lead used the same channels but with different settings and different drive/eq/compression. Nothing fancy, but still many different parameters affected.

I have FM3 layout in scene mode, with clean/crunch/OD. I wish to use ext pedal to recall the "solo version" of actual scene.
1) If there is a way to do this, please help me!
2) Since my scenes are ordered, I think a simple command like "increase current scene by <3>" could work.
3) Since my scenes are ordered, I also could think of a user solo table (S1<>S4, S2<>S5,...) with functions "go to current solo scene" "go to current rhythm scenes" or "swap solo/rhythm scenes". This option could be powerful: could cycle into scenes, or have a couple of solo scenes, be independent of rhythm scenes order. Could also be apply to 4 rhythm scenes. Even scenes with different use (chorus, variations) within a preset.

It looks like the default Scenes Layout already has this setup except they use hold functions on two different footswitches to increment and decrement the Views. View 1 would have your rhythm Scenes and View 2 would have the lead Scenes with the way you have them ordered now.

You could assign your external switch as a stand-in switch to toggle between View 1 and View 2.

To extend to four rhythm Scenes and four lead Scenes you could re-assign the hold function on footswitch 1 (defaults to increment View) to select the fourth Scene in each View.

Last edited:
It looks like the default Scenes Layout already has this setup except they use hold functions on two different footswitches to increment and decrement the Views. View 1 would have your rhythm Scenes and View 2 would have the lead Scenes with the way you have them ordered now.

You could assign your external switch as a stand-in switch to toggle between View 1 and View 2.

To extend to four rhythm Scenes and four lead Scenes you could re-assign the hold function on footswitch 1 (defaults to increment View) to select the fourth Scene in each View.
Tnx, I'll try!

However, I have to increment/decrement Views before select scene. My wish is to keep a simple one button approach (when I want to solo, I switch on solo, when I want to go back I stomp directly on S1-2-3. Two step selection is required only if I want to recall a non current solo version (first select rythm, then solo): in this case, probably inc/decr view work better.

Tnx, I'll try!

However, I have to increment/decrement Views before select scene. My wish is to keep a simple one button approach (when I want to solo, I switch on solo, when I want to go back I stomp directly on S1-2-3. Two step selection is required only if I want to recall a non current solo version (first select rythm, then solo): in this case, probably inc/decr view work better.

I’d probably forego the external switch and use toggle functions. Since with toggle functions the foot switch light is on on A, dim on B and off when it’s on neither, it would simply be “hit the glowing light” live, that should be doable I think.

Back
Top Bottom