Slow Blues with a new Häussel pickup "HB Classic Neck"

Black Bitch

Fractal Fanatic

I got another Häussel pickup, the HB Classic, because I'm leaning more and more towards the blues. Asymmetric coils very creamy tone. However, when soldering in, the 3-way toggle switch was somehow damaged and no longer worked correctly. So that in the middle position it sounds out of phase (Peter Green tone). And if you wiggle the button the sound changes from normal to Out Of Ohase.

I ordered a new Switchcraft switch (looked sturdier than the Gibson one) from Thomann, which arrived this afternoon. But I had already recorded the song on Tuesday evening. I only used the middle and bridge positions (Suhr Doug Aldrich Pickup) and every now and then you can hear this slight out of phase in the middle position. The bridge pick up seems to be working properly.

At the end of the song I played 3 chords clean with the neck pickup and in the 2nd choir you can hear the "Greeny" tone. :thumpsup: but will install the new switch this weekend and wire it normally. The Out Of Phase otherwise sounds much quieter in the middle position.

Has anyone ever replaced the 3-way toggle switch on a Les Paul? There was no soldering diagram there,

Back
Top Bottom