SLA-2 hookup question

Stringtheorist

Fractal Fanatic
Can I run a 16ohm mono cab off one side of the SLA-2 in stereo (not bridged) mode without a cab attached to the other side?
How about an 8ohm cab? 4ohms?
What exactly is the main function of Bridged mode?

Thanks in advance.

yeah ss amps dont need a load like tube amps... bridged takes both channels power and combines it to one channel in mono.

dpeterson said:
yeah ss amps dont need a load like tube amps... bridged takes both channels power and combines it to one channel in mono.
OK, cool. So Bridged mode is just used to get more power?
This is good to know as I want to try a variety of cabs out before I settle on one.

Freaky!!!! :eek:

Just took delivery of my (heavier than I imagined) SLA-2 and was just going to post the exact same question.

Cheers.

Hi currently have a Marshall 1960 4x12 and a JCM2000 2X12...

Going to try both...

I will let you know how I get on because after reading some of your earlier postings I think me and you are in a similar boat in regards to being in cover bands and struggling to put together 20+ sounds...

I will check back.

Stringtheorist said:
dpeterson said:
OK, cool. So Bridged mode is just used to get more power?
This is good to know as I want to try a variety of cabs out before I settle on one.

More power yes but more importantly more headroom.

I have run 112, 212 and currently run 2-16 Ohm 412's off my SLA 2 and they all sounded great. I haven't tried any open back stuff though.

Back
Top Bottom