SKB on the way

Bertotti

Inspired
I ordered this in the pics. SKB shallow 10.7” rail to rail. Big enough I think but I hope there is enough room in the covers for the handles on the fx3 front.

Attachments

• IMG_3146.png
    IMG_3146.png
    362.1 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_3147.png
    IMG_3147.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 30
Reactions: mtb
I’ve never had a rack so I was a bit worried about lid space. Thanks for letting me know it works!
Yeah, the Axe FX is absolutely no problem. I have a tighter fit in my mixer rack on the bottom since the splitter snake I use doesn't have right angle XLR connectors and I'm too lazy to replace 32 XLR connectors.

What might you not like?
Bulkier than I expected. I need to think about it. I have never had a rack case before. Everything stays home but the FX3 I find I want to take with me. I thought it would be good for the Powerstation as well. It is 2u. But I may rethink my idea. It’s new and I may just have to get used to it. Or construct something myself.

Bulkier than I expected. I need to think about it. I have never had a rack case before. Everything stays home but the FX3 I find I want to take with me. I thought it would be good for the Powerstation as well. It is 2u. But I may rethink my idea. It’s new and I may just have to get used to it. Or construct something myself.
There are really only two size dimensions to think about, the number of rack spaces and the depth you want. Given those two specs, there's not going to be a lot of difference in size, whether you buy or build.

A soft "rack" will probably be lighter, and maybe slightly smaller, but it's a lot less protection, probably not a good idea in a truck or checked baggage.

Last edited:
i use the 6 space of this rack. this newer design is way better than their old shallow racks, a bit deeper, and the doors have space for cables to stay connected on the Axe3 if you want. i've been standing it on its side during gigs, rarely have to access the axe controls, and put my digital mixer right on top. most of the short cables stay plugged in and i just grab the bundle up to the mixer to plug in. or if i am adjusting tones, i'll set it on a thing

IMG_1372.JPGIMG_1378.jpeg

There are really only two size dimensions to think about, the number of rack spaces and the depth you want. Given those two specs, there's not going to be a lot of difference in size, whether you buy or build.

A soft "rack" will probably be lighter, and maybe slightly smaller, but it's a lot less protection, probably not a good idea in a truck or checked baggage.
I understand that. I think my biggest issue is the quality for the price. I do not think the quality is nearly good enough for what they charged for this case. Looking around it seems a bit higher than average but close to what seems normal for these things. I need to decide if I want to take the time to build my own. I already have the materials minutes the latches, on hand. Time is the devil in the mix this time.

Must be holding up well. I wonder how much stronger the rotomolded is over traditional 3/8” plywood and aluminum.
I don’t know, but these work so well for me, and have been very strong these past 7-8 years. Nothing broken on them at all.

The only thing is that nothing sticks to polystyrene. So I do have one metal shelf in there for some items that have Velcro to stick them on - works great - neat and tidy!

Back
Top Bottom