Simply Amazing!

He's one of only a few CGPs

I've had the pleasure of seeing hiim live a few times here in his home country, once just a few feet away. His dedication is as amazing as his musicianship.

CGP?

Everyone loves to hear him, and everyone loves to watch him, except the guys that put the finish on that guitar!

CGP?

Everyone loves to hear him, and everyone loves to watch him, except the guys that put the finish on that guitar!

Chet Atkins:

Later in life he lightheartedly gave himself (along with John Knowles, Tommy Emmanuel, Steve Wariner and Jerry Reed) the honorary degree CGP, standing for "Certified Guitar Player".[SUP][6][/SUP] In 2011 daughter Merle Atkins Russell bestowed the CGP degree upon long time sideman Paul Yandell. She then declared no more CGP's would be allowed by the Atkins estate.[SUP][[/SUP]

I saw him in concert last month. Truly amazing and inspirational. His sound, dynamics, creativity, and musicianship were all simply stunning!

Made me want to practice and quit at the same time.

I've been a Tommy acolyte since I first heard him via the internet back in 2004. I've seen him 8 times and will continue to see him live whenever he's in town. In my world of musical preference, he's the best acoustic guitarist alive and I can't think of anyone I prefer over him. He's a perfect combination of chops, musicality, and entertainer.

I like the fact that he always stresses the melody and song in his arrangements. There is no shortage of great acoustic guitarists who will impress other guitarists but fail to really reach the average listener. Tommy manages to reach everyone with his style. I think I'm currently working on 7 of his songs and there are dozens left to learn. Learning to play Tommy tunes is a lifetime endeavor, and it does wonders for your playing ability.

Hot Damn I knew he was good but I never knew he was THIS good. I never really paid attention to this guy until now and I am wondering what's wrong with me for passing this dude by. That was amazing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom