Simplest Way to add neck pup to all Strat positions

Stratman68

Axe-Master
Obsidian had the no solder option electronics for this $119........ Anyone ever use these? I want my fav strat (Dakota red 60th Anniversary Channel bound neck with fralin Blues specials to have this ability. I do NOT solder anymore. I can easily do the Obsidian thing or I could take it to a local guitar tech I trust near me.Guess folks call it the Gilmour mod or whatever. Don't like little toggle switches either.
Here is the Obsidian page.
https://obsidianwire.com/products/7-way-wiring-for-strat-gilmour-switch
Thanks

So they’re just using a pull switch for the neck pup and a treble bleed on a switch is what it looks like. I put a switch on my Strat to do this but it turned out to be a mod that rarely gets used. I seem to recall an interview where DG said he didn’t actually use the switch that much. Only way to tell is try it.

I have a strat and a Fender Triple Tele (3 Nocaster bridge pickups) with a mini-toggle to select the neck pickup and use it quite often, adding the neck and bridge tone is very useful to me. What surprised me was how useful the all three pickups tone can be.

The Obsidian looks intriguing and should do exactly what you want, it looks like they use quality components as well. You'll likely save a bit of money having a tech install a push/pull pot. Considering what it appears you get with the Obsidian, it would have to be a savings of at least 50% to make it worth it to me.

Thanks Guys-I am just going to order the Obsidian 7 way no solder. At least I'll have it and I do have more than one Strat........................

Back
Top Bottom