Wish Simple 1 switch looper like ditto

Rudi-vandisarzi

Hi guys,
It'd be great to have a simple looper available as a block to implement in stomp box or sticky scene mode with just 1 switch- eg...... Tap once to start recording..... Tap again to start playback..... Double tap to stop. Or even add a 2nd switch to stop. Something like the TC ditto looper.
The looper features on the FX8 are very good, but I personally find I never need use 1/2 speed or reverse, however as someone who uses loops a lot with my band for layering different sounds/textures I do have a bit of a tap dancing nightmare getting in and out of the looper block to start loops, change stomps or scenes then back into/out of the loop block etc.... Maybe it's just the way I write my music :)
Hope that makes sense, probably a bit too late for the next software update but I thought I'd throw it out there. My first post on here so thanks for bearing with me!
Rich

there is an update coming for the FX8, and we were told we could possibly have more options with switches.

i hope that update or a future update will allow us to put the Rec and Play buttons on any switches, always available. i too have no need for the full Looper mode switch layout, and just need quick access to Rec and Play.

with the current setup, i have to press Looper mode, then start my loop, press to leave Looper mode, change scenes to solo, change back to rhythm, then back to Looper mode to stop, then leave Looper mode to move on... definitely a ton of steps.

i also turn "Play Immediately" off in the Looper block so i can hit Rec to record a loop, then hit Rec again to stop recording and "save" the loop for later. then using Play to bring in the loop when i need it. this worked great on my MFC with Switch Links on for Rec and Play, but the Looper mode makes the process take a bit longer than desired.

Back
Top Bottom