Shure PGXD wireless ... Has anyone used one?

Kilvert

Shure recently introduced their digital wireless system, the PGXD. It is hard to find any user reviews on this yet so I thought I should ask my fellow Axe folks.

Has anyone ever tried one of these and, if so, does it perform comparably to the Line 6 digital series?

The Relay G50 is awesome from Line 6....don't waste $ on the X2 or the Shure stuff......The Line 6 Relay G50 is perfect!!!

Thanks Guys! I appreciate the help. I have an opportunity the do a "Digital Wireless" shootout between the Line6 G50 and the new Shure PGXD in a couple weeks.

I will try to post my personal results.

Hey Guys ... I ended up purchasing the Shure PGXD yesterday. Once I dialed in the line level signals, I could not hear any coloration or signal degradation as compared to a quality 10' cord. 2 other things I personally preferred over the Line 6 G50 are: the form factor, the PGXD is easily rack mounted and the antennas are on the front of the receiver. Also, the specs rate the battery life at 2x that of the Line 6.

The litmus test will come later today and rehearsal but I am confident it will perform great.

Attachments

• rack.jpg
    rack.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 36
Hey Guys ... I ended up purchasing the Shure PGXD yesterday. Once I dialed in the line level signals, I could not hear any coloration or signal degradation as compared to a quality 10' cord. 2 other things I personally preferred over the Line 6 G50 are: the form factor, the PGXD is easily rack mounted and the antennas are on the front of the receiver. Also, the specs rate the battery life at 2x that of the Line 6.

The litmus test will come later today and rehearsal but I am confident it will perform great.
So, what do you think about this Shure unit so far?

Back
Top Bottom