Using A-FXII as pedalboard

Swedish Chef

Power User
I'm using the Axe-FX as a preamp feeding the input of my newly acquired Fender Champion 600. I have set up a compressor, two drive blocks and a spring reverb and it sounds sooooo freakin' awesome... Every effect in the Axe sounds just awesome through this little amp. I also tried the vibe, chorus, made a true vibrato and the tremolo. They all sound super authentic with no added noise or hum.

Last edited:
Agree 100% - I've been using the Axe with my Carr Rambler combo like that for a long time and it has cured me of any GAS for pedals what so ever.
A cool trick is to use an amp block as a preamp (sag turned to 0 = power amp sim off) instead of a drive block - that trick is equally cool going into a "real" amp like your Champion or an amp sim in the Axe.
There are a few threads that you could search for about the subject with cool tricks.

I'm using the Axe-FX as a preamp feeding the input of my newly acquired Fender Champion 600. I have set up a compressor, two drive blocks and a spring reverb and it sounds sooooo freakin' awesome... Every effect in the Axe sounds just awesome through this little amp. I also tried the vibe, chorus, made a true vibrato and the tremolo. They all sound super authentic with no added noise or hum. The Axe is behaving and sounding just like a really high quality pedal board. It really emulates everything perfectly... God damn it, this is great!!!!!!!!!!! Cliff, you da man!!!!! :encouragement::encouragement::encouragement:

I do pretty much the same thing-at times-with my Princeton-I really like the sound of that combo.

Back
Top Bottom